Will there be a new Tesoro for 2015?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm amazed this thread isnt locked! Other well known forums cant handle adult conversation?

Anyway, Tesoro can produce a machine that is every bit as capable as any other out there if not more so with a VDI. None of the other companies are doing anything that's so technological amazing that Tesoro cant compete.

I'm thinking there might be something going on in terms of a new machine but I don't think it will popup until the Cortes is discontinued. I'd say the halted production of Golden Umax helped to open some money up.

My two cents..

Only problem is: the engineering behind software is ONLY as good as the engineer. I would take a Dave Johnson (or his team) engineered Teknetics or Fisher over ANY currently produced Tesoro. After using both machines, my Teknetics feels like its 'talking' to me after just a few hours use. My Tesoro was speaking Chinese to me & was a 'best guess' scenario, even when using disc & trying to learn its 'language' for over a year, (at least 80 hours swinging time). JMO

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only problem is: the engineering behind software is ONLY as good as the engineer. I would take a Dave Johnson (or his team) engineered Teknetics or Fisher over ANY currently produced Tesoro. After using both machines, my Teknetics feels like its 'talking' to me after just a few hours use. My Tesoro was speaking Chinese to me & was a 'best guess' scenario, even when using disc & trying to learn its 'language' for over a year, (at least 80 hours swinging time). JMO

Some folks just aren't good at "language" learning Atomic. Don't beat yourself up over it. :thumbsup:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks just aren't good at "language" learning Atomic. Don't beat yourself up over it. :thumbsup:

Actually I did quite well in Spanish, I was a teacher's assistant in my spanish class. Spanish has more than one tone though!

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still kickin' butt with your Tesoros! Nice work! Silver doesn't stand a chance when you are on the hunt!

I don't have the Deus any longer - I sold it to someone in Tennessee (go figure!), last time Dad and I got out to a place in Tipton County and pulled 5 silvers including a Walker and about 20 Wheats. I miss detecting but January isn't far off...

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever it is will be a current machine with a new name and the control knobs repositioned.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fact: Minelab's BBS & FBS designs are all 2 frequencies.
Fact: Minelab's original MF patent has expired.
Fact: White's BHID/DFX design never actually infringed Minelab's patent, yet White's still licensed it. There is a long, convoluted fact-is-stranger-than-fiction story that I'm not at liberty to divulge.
Fact: There are a number of ways to do MF that steer clear of current Minelab patents.

Patent has long ago expired.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oops!

Last edited:

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also when I worked for Rattle Snakes racing in the early 80's build copies of the March Indy cars it can be 99% of a copy,1% change.
Long time ago though?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. That was kinda like a copy with a 1% change on the double post. [emoji4] ^

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I came here specifically to see if Tesoro has come out with a new machine.
I'm not a fanatic, but can not imagine a machine working better than the Tesoros I presently own.
By golly, they are lite, simple to operate, get better (more intuitive the more you use them), and pretty much do what is expected of them!
There may be a superior machine, but I can not imagine it being in a competitive price range.
I might like to own a two box machine, or even GPR, to look for lost treasure trains! Until that time, Tesoro will always be my choice, and the one I would advise to anyone.
Best
rmptr

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I came here specifically to see if Tesoro has come out with a new machine.
I'm not a fanatic, but can not imagine a machine working better than the Tesoros I presently own.
By golly, they are lite, simple to operate, get better (more intuitive the more you use them), and pretty much do what is expected of them!
There may be a superior machine, but I can not imagine it being in a competitive price range.
I might like to own a two box machine, or even GPR, to look for lost treasure trains! Until that time, Tesoro will always be my choice, and the one I would advise to anyone.
Best
rmptr

I currently own the golden max. If they issued something similar, with tones, adjustable ground balance, and better depth with the tone I.D. Remaining accurate to that maximum depth, with perhaps a unique tone for silver... That would be a better machine in my book.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro is going down the wave they have rode so long. their claim of valuing customer input is false. no facebook page updates, not active in their brand forums. the last thing heard was a scolding from Nathan for us wanting a little info after all this time. if i was in charge of that company, his butt would have been fired on the spot for treating customers like that. there are those who think tesoro can do no wrong, like those who think obama has been a great president. well, they live in a fantasy world. they are another company who is beginning to think that it is the customers privilege to do business with them. instead of the the other way around. making a good product is just a fraction of a good business. they should merge with another company. one that will put some fire under them and provide some motivation. because they seem to be asleep. all we can see they have done is re-invent a coil and changed the color of 10 year old models. just another company who's founder has retired or passed on and the children who take it over have not got a clue. sad to say but, that is the truth. actions speak louder than words. and with tesoros blunders in the past few years, lack of communication with us. i give them 10 years at the most if the do not get there act together soon and get some leadership to move forward.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro is going down the wave they have rode so long. their claim of valuing customer input is false. no facebook page updates, not active in their brand forums. the last thing heard was a scolding from Nathan for us wanting a little info after all this time. if i was in charge of that company, his butt would have been fired on the spot for treating customers like that. there are those who think tesoro can do no wrong, like those who think obama has been a great president. well, they live in a fantasy world. they are another company who is beginning to think that it is the customers privilege to do business with them. instead of the the other way around. making a good product is just a fraction of a good business. they should merge with another company. one that will put some fire under them and provide some motivation. because they seem to be asleep. all we can see they have done is re-invent a coil and changed the color of 10 year old models. just another company who's founder has retired or passed on and the children who take it over have not got a clue. sad to say but, that is the truth. actions speak louder than words. and with tesoros blunders in the past few years, lack of communication with us. i give them 10 years at the most if the do not get there act together soon and get some leadership to move forward.
Could not have said it better myself. I really like the Compadre, hated the Vaquero (but loved it in all metal for prospecting). Once I realized the huge advantage in digital software, I will never go back. Software can be written so it accentuates good targets or gives bad targets a distinct trashy sound, depending on the preferences of the designer. If the designer is in the field, in actual hunting conditions, he can adjust the software during the r&d process & tailor it to the nuances he may encounter during hunting, not to mention comparing the detectors to the competitions machines side by side. Tesoro seems content using the same old designs, same old single tones and tiny display. They obviously are not serious about competing anymore. Nathan was a joke, they should have not have let him use a keyboard after that ridiculous rant. Sad to see a company give up, bit I don't see any progress on the Cazadore or anything else detector wise

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad the majority of detectorists don't use tesoros. Leaves more nickels and gold for me. Hehe

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so glad the majority of detectorists don't use tesoros. Leaves more nickels and gold for me. Hehe

not criticizing their detectors. just their lack of communication with customers. especially this thing with the supposed "new" detector. it's quite pathetic. like no one there has any common sense with the business world now days. with the founder gone. it is pretty obvious that the son does not have a clue. with nothing exciting from them, people are losing interest, and just a handful of fanboy's is not enough to keep a business going. that's reality and that nathan's rant, claiming tesoro is up in the same bracket with sony, shows how out of touch they have become with it. sony probably makes more money in one quarter than tesoro has ever made since they have been around. it is really sad.

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this gold with my tesoros this year. First time that I've found 10, 14, 18, and 24k all in the same year. Who needs a stinkin new tesoro anyhow! I agree with Welgund, people shouldn't even be using such an inferior machine. tesoro gold 002.JPG

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say this. My hunting buddy and I have done lots of tests with several TID machines. This is how we test them. I will take the Vaquero, Bandido micromax 2 or the Eldorado micromax and at the local park to test tid numbers I will mark off ten or so targets with a tesoro I have a strong feeling are nickels or a good item that discs out solid as you go past nickel and then back to the nickel symbol on the tesoros. Of the targets wich is usually around the 65% mark a nickel on the tesoros the at pro would read anywhere from 50 to 57. F 75 FROM 29 TO 39 And the deus anywhere from 54 to 76. Sometimes if the nickel was laying dead flat then the tid machines would have a curate readings, at pro 51 52, f 75 31 and deus 57 58. I an hunt for 2 to 3 hours with any one of them machines and find lots of dimes, pennies and quarters and a couple of nickels is all. Switch to one of my tesoros and have a bunch of nickels with an hour or so. Tesoros have there place. I'm not saying the tid machines don't see the nickel just spend to much time analysing the numbers and not enough time just digging it up. On a tesoro if it's a solid beep you just dig it up. And when it comes to old homesteads, they simply cannot be beat in places littered with old square nails and iron. So if you hunt places like that and don't use a tesoro please tell me where it is so I can go clean it out hehe

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya I waited to try out tesoro's new machine a few years ago but it never came.I don't think I could bring myself to buy a new machine from them after they fubar'd THE NEW MACHINE

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who care's. Just go dig a friggin hole already!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread