Will there be a new Tesoro for 2015?

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell us you won't leave us hanging for another 3 years LOL.

I have been testing a new detector made by an American manufacturer. This is a multi-frequency, multi-tone machine featuring touchpad sensitivity and ground balance controls; programable discrimination settings; A full Digital Display that includes VID number and probable metal type/class with depth. The 12” Double D Butterfly coil is impressive. Total weight is 3.9-lbs.

The GPS feature lets you pinpoint a find, or map an área and break it into individual grids on the Display screen. Tones are also programable! You can custom program up to four different tones. There is more, but that is all I can say at the moment – stay tuned.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro really is lagging in the new designs department...
Yea you can only sell so many of the same units,the market gets saturated with what they have selling.
I bet there sale/production is very low as everyone already has or had what they offer.👎

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own Tesoro's and I like dumb phones- Go figure! I guess I never saw the connection until now!
Me to,$9.99 wal-mart flip phone that can carry in my pocket,actually that's no so dumb to me though.
Don't want carry a frigg'in tablet around.lol

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know any other company can make them lol, but because Minelab owns the patent for multi frequency and BBS then what I'm saying is, If another company wants to put out a new multi frequency detector, then Minelab gets a percentage of each detector that gets sold. Do they not?? Minelab has patents on some of Whites detectors like the DFX and the BH ID300 I've heard. All I'm asking is,..doesn't any company putting out a new multi frequency machine have to have minelabs patent on it??
Fisher was making multi freq. detectors before minelab was even a company.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, this thread has become so depressing to me. I know some of the people at Tesoro, and respect them. I know the pride they take in manufacturing their machines, and I like the way they take care of Tesoro owners. Management made a huge mistake asking folks to submit names for their “new” detector before they were ready to build and release it. Instead of building excitement and anticipation, Tesoro gave its loyal users disappointment and angst, and their critic’s reveled in it.

I think it’s time to see if Vince Gifford wants to do an interview and let us all know what the Company is up to, where it is going, and when we can expect new models to be released. I’m going to call him this week and ask if he’ll do it. I hope he will, I really do.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that would be nice if they said something positive, and not another Nathan post scolding us for wanting to know something after all this time. i tell new to detecting people looking to check out Tesoro. but, with no posts on their facebook page since feb. 2014. what will they think. they are not active on their brand forums or FB groups like other companies are. then wonder why all these rumors start. like was said, they seem to be hiding in the shadows. if there have been set backs, problems, o.k. keep customers informed once in awhile, don't ignore them. is it going to be waterproof, usable in salt water surf, 4or5 pin coil. little bits of info that keep us interested in it. would not take much to do. now they have dug themselves in a hole with all the wait and silence about it. has to be something absolutely spectacular now, like no other machine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher was making multi freq. detectors before minelab was even a company.

That is not what Fisher said..

Minelab founded in 1985, first multi freq produced 1989, here is what Fisher says about when they produced their first multifreq detectors when I asked them when they made first ones...

"See the response by our technician below;

"In the Hobby section it started with the CZ series in 1994. In the industrial section it started with the TW-8800 in 2000."

Thank You,

Arturo Barrientos
First Texas Products-Nivisys, LLC
Sales Support"

Minelab

1985 - 1989 EARLY BEGINNINGS
Minelab Goldseekers 15000 metal detector

Goldseekers 15000 launched - Minelab's first metal detector (1985)

GT 16000 launched - world’s first truly automatic ground-tracking metal detector (1987)

Eureka Dual Ace launched – world’s first two frequency detector? (1989)

1990 - 1994 A GROWING BUSINESS
Minelab Sovereign metal detector

Sovereign Series launched (1991)
Excalibur Series launched - Minelab's first underwater metal detector (1993)
Headquarters moved to Rose Park, South Australia (1994)

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you Local to them so you can do a Video Interview?

Wow, this thread has become so depressing to me. I know some of the people at Tesoro, and respect them. I know the pride they take in manufacturing their machines, and I like the way they take care of Tesoro owners. Management made a huge mistake asking folks to submit names for their “new” detector before they were ready to build and release it. Instead of building excitement and anticipation, Tesoro gave its loyal users disappointment and angst, and their critic’s reveled in it.

I think it’s time to see if Vince Gifford wants to do an interview and let us all know what the Company is up to, where it is going, and when we can expect new models to be released. I’m going to call him this week and ask if he’ll do it. I hope he will, I really do.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
The only thing I've heard is from Fisher. They're coming out with 2 new detectors for 2016. The Mosca and the CTX.

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm amazed this thread isnt locked! Other well known forums cant handle adult conversation?

Anyway, Tesoro can produce a machine that is every bit as capable as any other out there if not more so with a VDI. None of the other companies are doing anything that's so technological amazing that Tesoro cant compete.

I'm thinking there might be something going on in terms of a new machine but I don't think it will popup until the Cortes is discontinued. I'd say the halted production of Golden Umax helped to open some money up.

My two cents..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm amazed this thread isnt locked! Other well known forums cant handle adult conversation?

Anyway, Tesoro can produce a machine that is every bit as capable as any other out there if not more so with a VDI. None of the other companies are doing anything that's so technological amazing that Tesoro cant compete.

I'm thinking there might be something going on in terms of a new machine but I don't think it will popup until the Cortes is discontinued. I'd say the halted production of Golden Umax helped to open some money up.

My two cents..

Nice to meet you GD, and Welcome. Where are you from?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last Couple Of Hunts At A 1930 House Site With One Of My Tesoro Detectors

I was expecting to find some really old silver coins, but the oldest one ended up being a 1952 Rosie Dime. Wheat Pennies everywhere!

tabman

1930%20House%20Finds%20001_zps38nvvure.jpg

1930%20House%20Finds%20006_zpszd3uw40o.jpg

1930%20House%20Finds%20005_zps2mxyvy8i.jpg

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm amazed this thread isnt locked! Other well known forums cant handle adult conversation?.

Welcome to TNet.

We have some of the best moderation of any forum. Freedom of speech is well protected as long as it doesn't violate the "Forum Rules". Even then, a moderator will attempt to keep the thread on a civil track with a warning. Our mods are patient and can be persistent if need be. Every post is read.

With that, enjoy the best MD forum on the Net.`

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Tabman. Which Tesoro were you using???

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Tabman. Which Tesoro were you using???

Thanks, I was using my modded Cibola with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached. Full sensitivity, a little negative on the ground balance, a very slight hum on the threshold and the discrimination was set just high enough to barely discriminate out nails. I use and have used a lot of different brands of detectors, but nothing that I've used can beat the Cibola/Sharpshooter combo when it comes to finding the good stuff at difficult sites to detect.

tabman

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Darn it Tabman, I was hoping you were going to say that you were testing the Cazador.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I was using my modded Cibola with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached. Full sensitivity, a little negative on the ground balance, a very slight hum on the threshold and the discrimination was set just high enough to barely discriminate out nails. I use and have used a lot of different brands of detectors, but nothing that I've used can beat the Cibola/Sharpshooter combo when it comes to finding the good stuff at difficult sites to detect.

tabman

I keep telling you Tab, back that sensitivity down two notches and you'll get even Better depth!! :occasion14:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep telling you Tab, back that sensitivity down two notches and you'll get even Better depth!! :occasion14:

I'm digging pretty deep right now and running smooth and quiet, but I'm going to give it a try. Is two notches still in the red? :dontknow:

tabman

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drop your sensitivity to around 75-80 percent, and try that setting for one-week on turf you have already hit hard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread