Wind, Rain, Sleet And Snow. Nothing Stops Me.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Went out today but should have stayed in. I got up this mourning and it was 33 out with 30 mph winds. Yesterday it was 62 no wind. I Called my brother up and asked him if he wanted to go fight the brutal cold for a few hrs.?

Man we should have stayed in. I was warm with double and triple everything on. But my face and eye's were taking a beating. It's crazy what silver can do to someone. We managed to somehow get a few keepers with the cherry pick mode.

I found this really cool tag. Does anyone know exactly what the golf tag would have been used for. I got a teen date buffalo. I think a 15 or 16 cant tell for sure. I also found this nice little ring. It's written in Japanese or Chinese. Anyone know what it says. I got what looks like a clip on tie of some sort. Found old button with a solid shank on the back. Got a 47 Roosevelt also. Also found a really neat pocket knife with a sea shell on it.

It was a good day for the conditions. We were hunting this old park I just came across. I won't be out again in these conditions though. The wind was just to much. Temps were like 18 out. The ground though was so soft with no snow on it.

Thanks for looking

HH Jer

Attachments

• Golf Tag.jpg
    Golf Tag.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Golf back.jpg
    Golf back.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Jan 14th.jpg
    Jan 14th.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Jan 14th relics.jpg
    Jan 14th relics.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Looks like you had a great day MDing, even in the cold weather. Congrats on all your finds. The golf tags could of been for a yearly paid membership to that course.. Not sure, just a guess. Good luck on your next hunt, maybe it will be warmer.

Ken

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey jerdfx....they really got rule's in golf..Great find's,you probably got hammered with the same weather we got just south of you.HH!!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. I guess the tag was good for a memebership and I guess there were common golf rules to follow. Like fix divots.... I guess you needed a permit in those days to be on a private course. I appreciate the ideas.

HH Jer

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Man, you are a die hard. Nate and I stayed in today. Guess if we had some new "hot spot" we might have ventured out cherry pickin.

Yeah, those are some worthy finds. Buffalo nickel would have made it worthwhile. Golf tag is neat too.

Better get out there tomorrow. You never know if someone else might get it first! ;) ;D Actually, Monday might be a good day.

Later and good luck.

Mirage

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I like to see !!!!Detecting in mid winter and nothing stoping you.....Except mabe a Blizzard..Nice Finds .....I like the little hockey pin,must have been from a pittsburgh fan... ;D Seeker

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jer, are you a postman? If not than you know how he feels! Great finds hope you get some better weather.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Jeremy!

You must have REALLY wanted to hunt that site!

And you got some neat finds to bring back!

;)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone. Must have wanted to go out bad that day. I'm like man I can't beleive I was out on Sat. When you got 2 younge boys like I do you run for the chance to get out. It was worth it.

HH Jer

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds, the weather is never to bad if you live where the goodies are at. Here in NW Ohio, I have hunter almost every week so far this year. One day I was so bundled up that when I got a signal and got down to dig it I had a heck of a time getting back up, but you know what that silver dime and wheat pennie was worth it. Happy hunting and keep telling us about your great finds. Ringfinder

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Jer! Those are some very nice finds. A real motivating post for me, I'm sitting here looking out the front door watching the rain fall wishing it would stop!

I have a bad habit of letting the weather control my outings. The tag looks like a club membership attachment of some kind? Very nice post (and motivating).

Tim

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. Glad to know that my post are motivating. Sometimes Tim you just gotta bundle up and get out. As long as the ground doesn't have alot of snow and is still soft you can go. It's good to get out atleast once a month during these winter months. The fever sets in real quick for me.

Good Luck

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread