JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. Whatever works my friend! I have the same Red Wings and rusty pick up that I use every day. In fact I just had to buy a new pair because of the holes in the toes were freezing my feet :)

My old pair got like that so I cleaned them up, removed the laces, and now I use them for house slippers, easy to get on and off with no laces, and way comfortable...can't beat steel toed house slippers! (or the expression on the wife's face when I have them on).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should probably go with cable ties. I opted for duct tape because it went better with my worn out red wings and rusty pick up truck, (delightfully tacky, yet unrefined).

If you use cable ties buy a piece of aquarium air hose, cut it in strips just little smaller than circumference of your coil shaft.

Put your tie wraps in the air hose strip before you put them on the shaft, it will keep you from tightening the tie wraps too tight, you can damage your cable over time with tie wraps that are too tight

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i use the velcro cable tie straps they work great and it does cut out falsing alot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread