Windy rainy day 😳 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
After missing yesterday due to the heavy rain, and out with the bassets tomoz, we were determined to suffer the cold and wet weather for a few hours today Took the photos between the showers So it looks pretty out there!

Don’t normally start with a coin…. but was super happy to find a James the 2nd coin, 1685, then a little lead piece, not sure if a weight or bag seal of some sort? Little buckle, a lead weight, a decorative piece, a key escutcheon (?) then a small bracelet hard to photo but has a pattern round it, then some little bits, 3 projectile, buttons and 3 crusty pre dec. No hammered today, but as ever just happy to be out!

IMG_1798.jpeg
IMG_1799.jpeg
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg
IMG_1802.jpeg
IMG_1803.jpeg
IMG_1804.jpeg
IMG_1805.jpeg
IMG_1806.jpeg
IMG_1808.jpeg
IMG_1809.jpeg
IMG_1810.jpeg
IMG_1811.jpeg
IMG_1813.jpeg
IMG_1794.jpeg
IMG_1795.jpeg

Upvote 23
Liking the seal, maybe Russian. 179.?
Nice decorative lead piece as well.
Great looking James.

Are those tire tracks belong to Himself?
Naughty boy!
No silver today, blame it on the weather. It hasn't not been your friend these past few outings.
But ya done great for the time spent out.
Well done.

Great looking James.

Naughty boy!
No silver today, blame it on the weather. It hasn't not been your friend these past few outings.
Well done.
Ha.. it was tempting to get him to drive me about the field while i detected out the door… 😆 xx

… but no.. those are the tire tracks of some 🤬…. we think theyve been out at night hare coursing 😔… awful people 😔 xx

Ha.. it was tempting to get him to drive me about the field while i detected out the door… 😆 xx

… but no.. those are the tire tracks of some 🤬…. we think theyve been out at night hare coursing 😔… awful people 😔 xx
Now I have visions of blossom hanging out the side door, yelling STOP! I HAD A BLOODY 94.!🤣

Great looking James.

Naughty boy!
Well done.
Genius Peps here it is!! Thank you! 😆 xx

IMG_1815.jpeg

Incredible.
Congrats!

Your recovered bracelet wins for me this hunt. Just because.

Buttons alone tell of long travels and periods of time there.
Which fits the contexts , given the usual cornucopia of recoveries..

No silver hammy tonight. Sing it! L.o.l.

Great finds again! Some real interesting items. I haven't been out yet this year here in northeastern Oregon we are still having snow and rain and temperatures in the 30'sF and low 40'sF. I'm and old man who gets too cold too easily! (77) Thanks for sharing again, Blossom!

After missing yesterday due to the heavy rain, and out with the bassets tomoz, we were determined to suffer the cold and wet weather for a few hours today Took the photos between the showers So it looks pretty out there!

Don’t normally start with a coin…. but was super happy to find a James the 2nd coin, 1685, then a little lead piece, not sure if a weight or bag seal of some sort? Little buckle, a lead weight, a decorative piece, a key escutcheon (?) then a small bracelet hard to photo but has a pattern round it, then some little bits, 3 projectile, buttons and 3 crusty pre dec. No hammered today, but as ever just happy to be out!

View attachment 2134829View attachment 2134830View attachment 2134831View attachment 2134832View attachment 2134833View attachment 2134834View attachment 2134835View attachment 2134836View attachment 2134837View attachment 2134838View attachment 2134839View attachment 2134840View attachment 2134841View attachment 2134842View attachment 2134843View attachment 2134844
That "seal" is a very interesting find...if it is a seal...would love to hear any history behind it...

England is as beautiful as I remember it...

Always enjoy your posts!

Great finds ! :icon_thumleft:

I've been trying to find a 1600's or earlier coin for years - not any or very few in our part of the US.
They do find them in the Maryland area and in the New England states.
So ... I'm booking a flight to the UK and I plan on staying in your basement for a few weeks.
Please allow time to pick me up at the Airport.

View attachment 2134829View attachment 2134830View attachment 2134831View attachment 2134832View attachment 2134833View attachment 2134834View attachment 2134835View attachment 2134836View attachment 2134837View attachment 2134838View attachment 2134839View attachment 2134840View attachment 2134841View attachment 2134842View attachment 2134843View attachment 2134844
Very Cool!!!! Congrats!!!!

That "seal" is a very interesting find...if it is a seal...would love to hear any history behind it...

England is as beautiful as I remember it...

Always enjoy your posts!
Forgot to say found this bag seal in the same bit of the field i found the Keen Mustard seal… 🤔 … its now known as Condiment Corner 😆 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back