Winter contest - Consolation prize added - and the winners are...

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
OK, here's the rundown of the guesses:

Contest guesses.jpg

I decided to send out a silver George to whoever guessed closest to the correct number of 40's wheats without going over. Hey, that guess should be rewarded, too! I'll be opening the jar a little later on this morning. Stay tuned.

Well, I couldn't wait to clean them before counting them, so out they came for the count before going into the tumbler. There were 305 wheats in the jar, and it looks like D-Dub edged out Twistidd by one to get closest to the total!

Congrats Dan!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Let me know how you want me to get the coin to you - either in person or by mail.

Thanks to everyone who entered! If you're really bored, you can watch the coins being counted. I'll leave the video up for a few days.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qc9u_N9NOC0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qc9u_N9NOC0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Now they'll get tumbled, sorted, and the 40's coins will be counted for the consolation prize...

That will be later on today.

OK, I have clean wheats, and the number of 1940's wheats is...119.

Congrats, Tommyboy72!!! Your guess of 118 was almost right on the money!!!!

Joe, man were you close on this one, too.

Tommyboy72, PM me with an address & I'll get the silver George off to you in the mail. :wink:

Re: Winter contest - Consolation prize added - and the winner is...

Really? I never win anything.

Sorry I pulled a little "The Price is Right" action on you Joe. Hehe!

Thanks for doing the contest Neil. Just sent you a PM.

Thanks for the fun!

any good or old dates in there

D-Dub said:

Hahahaha!! Damn you Dan!! :D Just kidding bro. Actually (ironically) you're the reason why I was close (just not close enough)...You did a lot of research and used strategy when you correctly identified the age of bob's Barber half. So, with that in mind, I figured instead of just taking a guess, I'd use math to guess. Going by the perceived size of the wheatie jar, and the precise size of a wheatie, I calculated the density of the jar and kinda rounded off a bit. Considering my math level is that of a 6th grader, I didn't do too bad. Anyway, congratulations Dan, I'll get you next time brother-man. Oh, just wait. You'll get yours. :icon_pirat: JK!

Joe

p.s. Thanks for the contest, Neil. It was fun!

D-Dub said:

Now you can't say you never win. Too bad you didn't guess 305, I hear just like Bob Barker, Neil had something you could pull out of his pocket if you got the exact number.

Thanks Neil for the good contest. It has inspired me to put something up here in a while.

twistidd said:
D-Dub said:

Hahahaha!! Damn you Dan!! :D Just kidding bro. Actually (ironically) you're the reason why I was close (just not close enough)...You did a lot of research and used strategy when you correctly identified the age of bob's Barber half. So, with that in mind, I figured instead of just taking a guess, I'd use math to guess. Going by the perceived size of the wheatie jar, and the precise size of a wheatie, I calculated the density of the jar and kinda rounded off a bit. Considering my math level is that of a 6th grader, I didn't do too bad. Anyway, congratulations Dan, I'll get you next time brother-man. Oh, just wait. You'll get yours. :icon_pirat: JK!

Joe

p.s. Thanks for the contest, Neil. It was fun!

I was going to do something like that this time around too but figured I would take the easy way out. I figured the size of the jar would hold about 400 or so but it wasn't full. I figured about a hundred short. When I saw your guess I just added 1 and hoped that nobody else would do the same to me.

Now if I could only figure out the formula to win the lottery!

Thanks, Joe! ;D

p2c said:
D-Dub said:

Now you can't say you never win. Too bad you didn't guess 305, I hear just like Bob Barker, Neil had something you could pull out of his pocket if you got the exact number.

Thanks Neil for the good contest. It has inspired me to put something up here in a while.

Seems I have an unusual winning streak going here. :dontknow:

D-Dub said:
p2c said:
D-Dub said:

Seems I have an unusual winning streak going here. :dontknow:

Dang you guys are good!
I just counted the number of wheaties I could actullay see then added the number of fingers on Neils hand holding the jar, minus his age and multiplied that by the negative square root of the minimum wage.

Thanks Neil, you're a (fill in the blank) kind of guy!

Now lets look forward to refreshing that wheatie stash.

OK, you guys took this WAY too seriously.... LOL. I just took a WAG based on my experience with jelly beans in a jar.

Neil, thanks for the contest.

THANKS FOR HAVING THE CONTEST, NEIL . IT SURE GAVE YOU SOMETHING TO DO TODAY. GREAT MUSIC ON THE VIDEO. :hello:

AARRGGHH!!!!! Close again. Close but no cigar. Congrats, Tommyboy! Hey Neil, this was a fun contest. We should do these more often. I'll try to think of something I can do for this season.

Joe

No problem, gents! Thanks for playing along!

Here's hoping we'll be able to get out again and find more now that the deep snow is gone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back