watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past week I was down in SC visiting my two daughters. . . and granddaughter :thumbsup:
and noticed this older home near the local grocery store where I was picking up a few things
to grill out for dinner. Since I had my detector in the car ;D, I took a chance and knocked on the
door and after a short conversation with the owner, was given free-rein to hunt their property.

The area in back of the house was definitely the most promising but impossible to hunt without a
machete so I spent my allotted time (2-hours) hunting only the lawn area in front of the house.
Amongst the nails and rusted iron, I rejoiced at finding two Mercs near one of the garden plots.

While driving home, I was happy with the two silvers I found but couldn't help but wonder what was
still out there in the back yard under all that brush near that 250-year-old tree by the back door.

DSC_7418 copy.JPG

DSC_7419 copy.JPG

DSC_7510.JPG

Thanks for looking,
watercolor

WTG

Never hurts to ask....

There's still more for next time.....

Glad you had a nice trip.

Glad you and the Mrs. made it back safely...

Sunday if it's nice " Tear down in Glenview " I'll let you know.

Gotta say that looks like a former church, you might have real site there! Too bad it's off in the distance.

Did you get any history of the place from the tenants?

Lowbatts said:
Gotta say that looks like a former church, you might have real site there! Too bad it's off in the distance.
What an eye, Tim!

Great finds, Mark!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's your second recent two Merc hunt! WTG!! ;D

You guys picked a great weekend to get out of town, when it was warm - it was raining. You're back just in time for more good hunting weather! :wink:

Pretty awesome...
I own some property in a region of the country that is positively choc-full of old, abandoned houses; mostly farm houses but a few nicer looking ones... I've always wanted to get out into them, but I'm still way, way new to this.

PokerPlayer said:
Pretty awesome...
I own some property in a region of the country that is positively choc-full of old, abandoned houses; mostly farm houses but a few nicer looking ones... I've always wanted to get out into them, but I'm still way, way new to this.

You should definitely make it a point to get out to some of those places if you can. . . take a few MD'er friends on a weekend "dirt fishing" trip. . . you'll never regret it :wink:

Welcome to TNet!
watercolor

Great great trip - family & detecting!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back