Woo Hoo... my first silver coin.

Congratulations! We all remember our first silver coin. There is a silver lining :)

HH BRINK

WTG!, my first was just a few months ago, and now I have 11 silver coins, including the 1928 Stabding Liberty Quarter, I just found the other day. Hard to believe how fast they can add up.
KEEP ADD"n UP!

Some times I wish I could find ten thousand silvers in the same hole, but I know the harder the hunt the sweeter the finds. I've hunted some pretty crappy spots before and always go back until I find something. Good luck & HH! Chris

Good job! My first was a Merc dime also. Doesnt matter where you get em, just get em. 8)

My first silver was a Merc also. Found it in one of the oldest parks here in town. Besides that I have found a couple of wheaties and pretty much everything else has been clad. Despite the fact that I know the park has been hunted to death I refuse to believe that it is hunted out. Found myself back there yesterday and left frustrated again. But all is not lost as I went to an old park across the river in Iowa and found...anybody?...anyone?...you guessed it...a Merc 1943. I found another piece of silver today but you will have to go to "Todays Finds" to see it. Oh, and by the way good going mvSWAT. I'm not trying to steal your thunder just sharing in the excitement. HH.

They can be anywhere. The US Mint published a report some years back saying that after all the silver coins were taken out of circulation, and all those in coin shops had been reported, something close to a Billion $ worth of silver remains unaccounted for. There have to be at least a few more silver coins in the ground-- keep looking!

lab rat said:
They can be anywhere.? The US Mint published a report some years back saying that after all the silver coins were taken out of circulation, and all those in coin shops had been reported, something close to a Billion $ worth of silver remains unaccounted for.? There have to be at least a few more silver coins in the ground-- keep looking!

You know of any reports like that on the number of gold coins unaccounted for, Labrat?

True_Metal said:
lab rat said:
They can be anywhere. The US Mint published a report some years back saying that after all the silver coins were taken out of circulation, and all those in coin shops had been reported, something close to a Billion $ worth of silver remains unaccounted for. There have to be at least a few more silver coins in the ground-- keep looking!

You know of any reports like that on the number of gold coins unaccounted for, Labrat?
I'll take all I can get of both unfortunately I am still looking for my first gold coin. HH.

Well it won't rain gold from the ground, but there is a lot of silver out there still.? Last week I got these in a hotspot.? Looking for the next hotspot.? One week before Roosevelt took gold out of circulation there was a run on the banks across the country.? More than 6,000 went belly up.? 15% of all known gold coins then simply disappeared from the books.? A similar run on banks and recession happened in the 1890's with a lot of gold being ferreted away then as well.? Most of it is waiting for me to find it, I'll let the rest of you share the leftovers.? Just keep at it!
[/center]

Nice additions to your collection, Lowbatts! I have found no Barber coins as of yet but my time is coming...I can feel it in my swinging arm. HH.

Yep, been swinging long and hard since last week's silver strike to little avail, on ewheatie yesterday one today, a bit more clad though and that keeps me in batts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back