Word is , it was Wicked ! I either Slept thru or it didn't sound inside here.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An explosion at quarry in Schuylkill County has left at least five people injured.

Schuylkill County emergency dispatch confirmed that a dynamite truck at Summit Quarry in Joliett exploded this morning, leading to at least five people being injured and in need of transportation for medical treatment.

One person was confirmed to have been flown by helicopter for medical care.

The condition of those injured and the cause of the explosion.
are not yet known. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

My sister in Donaldson felt & Heard it, 5 mile away.
So did People Building the Warehouse above Tremont saw the Smoke Rise from probably 5 Miles away. Even Pine grove 8 mile away as the crow flies . I'm about 3 Mile as the crow Flies.
just south of the mountain it's on

Koppys Propane Rail-yard is about Half a Mile & good Spring a Mile.
They must have thought it was Propane :laughing7:

Last word they can't find the Truck.
Most likely meant it is in tiny Pieces.

Summit Quarry is a rock Quarry , if I remember correctly they recently starting fulfilling a 10 Million Dollar Contract.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry ! I Can't Confirm the View is From Here Or From some ones Files of Explosions

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two people were injured in an explosion at a quarry near Tower City on Monday.

According to the Pennsylvania State Police, an investigation is underway after an explosion injured two employees of Maine Drilling and Blasting at the Summit Quarry in Good Spring, Porter Township.

Investigating Officer Trooper Burns said around 11:45am, Monday, the employees were disposing boxes which previously contained "boosters" used in the blasting process when the explosion occurred.

The injuries to both employees are believed to be non-life threatening.

Several vehicles and an office trailer were also damaged when the blast occurred.
Jason Fisher was in the bathroom Monday morning when a blast shook the walls of his home.

"The whole wall went in and out," he said, "and I thought the windows were going to blow out."

The blast was loud enough, Fisher said, that it reminded him of explosions he heard during a tour of duty with the Army in Iraq in 2005.

The state Department of Environmental Protection Pottsville District Mining Office reported an explosion on the site of the Stavola Summit Quarry in Porter Twp.

The office did not release details of the incident.

But residents of nearby communities said the blast sent a shock wave that reverberated across western Schuylkill County and beyond.
The explosion, which occurred around 11:45 a.m., was heard across a region from Pine Grove to Valley View, according to people who felt it.

"I had customers that told me they heard it in Grantville, Dauphin County," said Scott Bailey, who works at Werner Lumber Ace Hardware in Pine Grove.

When the lights shook in the hardware store, Bailey thought something had fallen on the building's roof. Only later did he hear that it had come from a quarry more than 15 miles away.

"It was pretty major," he said. "You not only heard it, you felt it."
The Joliett Fire Company and other first responders rushed to the scene, a remote area atop Broad Mountain.

Joliett fire police, who cordoned off the property, said the incident was more than a mile from the entrance at 500 Main Street, Joliett.

Fire apparatus and ambulances rushed to the scene, according to eyewitnesses.

Andy Martin was working on a dump truck at Wheels Coal Co., about a mile from the quarry, when he heard a boom and the building shook.

His immediate reaction was to run outside the garage, thinking that it might have been an accident involving a co-worker

The investigation into the incident is still ongoing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread