Work to Play Offer-Micanopy, Fl

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TO: Anyone interested in earning the invitation to Metal Detect in Micanopy, Fl.

This is my 3 acre property. I'm looking for people who will work with me to clear the underbrush. In return, I'll grant permission to metal detect.

Anyone familiar with real Florida history knows that the town now known as Micanopy, Fl has been inhabited by the native Potano and Timucan Indian tribes well before the Spanish Explorers landed on the continent.

I can't guarantee what you will find, but I can tell you that Micanopy has documented ancient Indian villages, explorers from DeSoto to William Bartram, many 2nd Seminole Indian war battles and was the hub of travel in Florida's interior. This property lies on a historic Indian trail, since disused by the construction of rte 441 in 1925.

The property has been used as homestead, orange grove, "truck farming," and such since the Arredondo and Levy land grants.

If you are interested, the deal will be an exchange: you assist me in clearing brush, palms and trash from the property and in return you will earn the opportunity to "beep the property."

If you are interested, PRIVATE MESSAGE me for details, to schedule times, get directions and answers to any questions you have.

Besides possible metal finds, it is possible to find other items such as arrowheads, old porcelain pieces, etc.

Already found on the property: 1879 Morgan silver dollar, musketball, various older medicine bottles, vintage shotgun brass.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over 2 acres of beep able area, less than half needs clearing.and never been beeped.

Twistedsifter

Jan 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
hello! I would love to help with any chores you might have for the opportunity to hunt for indian artifacts

OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Ben! I have yet to come across anything Native American on my property. I’m getting metal items, the oldest is from 1901.

Micanopy is a very good area to look for artifacts. I seem to be the only landowner that hasn’t found any arrowheads. Lol.

Have to tried hogtown creek? The kids around here go there to gather shark’s teeth, we got over 100 in an hour. Sometimes they find a point or two.

Feel free to PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread