What's new

World Record for Ugliest Coin; BUT I DONT CARE! (1st LC!)

mack0238

Full Member
Joined
May 10, 2015
Messages
122
Reaction score
304
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
World Record for Ugliest Coin; BUT I DON'T CARE! (1st LC!)

HEY.... IT'S A COIN DANG IT:laughing7:

After two fails on getting permission on Sunday (land owners not home).... I decided to hit a site that has cows (no bull thank god) mowing the grass around a VERY old and creepy house that has all square nails (1870's). I was hoping to score on a huge pile of Flying Eagle cents (ha!) but I'll have to settle for an unreadable Large Cent (my first!) that someone pounded a square nail into...:tongue3:

If it had a date on it I'm sure it would be my oldest coin. (1860 is my oldest to date)

In the early Spring, when all the grass is matted down, I'm going back to this site... I KNOW there are more goodies there... there just HAS to be:dontknow:

Cheers to all!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2695.webp
    IMG_2695.webp
    166.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2694.webp
    IMG_2694.webp
    175.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1913.webp
    IMG_1913.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1915.webp
    IMG_1915.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1916.webp
    IMG_1916.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1924.webp
    IMG_1924.webp
    184.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1933.webp
    IMG_1933.webp
    530.4 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 30
Looks promising, and I still like that LC. makes you wonder what the kid was thinking when he pounded the nail. Money was big back then..
 
Congrats on pulling that deranged LC. :occasion14: Any LC is better than no LC right???
 
Lots of coins seemed to become washers and/or other hardware back in the day. That's what i think happend to that coin...it was used in some industrial mannor on a machine or something.

I have two 2 cent coins that have holes drilled in the middle and you can see by the wear that they were turning on something...washers.
 
Love the house. Looks like a stiff breeze will finish it off
 
Love the coin and pictures. If that coin could talk!
 
Still nicer than my LC, which I still haven't found yet. That house is creepy for sure. Nice find.
 
Really cool LC, I like thay more than a regular one!
 
That is one cool spot, Good job on the L C it has a lot of character
 
I've yet to find a LC, so congratulations.
 
nice place, does it have cable or dish TV? DIG EVERY TARGET
 
I love it. It has character and a story
 
I remember reading in one of Charles Garrett's books that people used to nail a coin over the door of a new house for good luck. Nice find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom