Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out one last time this year, to one of my faithful fields I have hunted for nearly 40 years.
It was pitch black DARK, and I brought a flashlight, but left it in the car!...so I apologize for the pics.
I had no clue this was silver, and in fact thought it was an indian head, when it came out of the ground.
Even after I started rubbing on it...it was tough to tell it was silver. This is the field where the silver comes out DARK as coal...and I love it!
I was trying to use the flashlight feature on my cel phone to see what the heck was going on...what I had...how deep...etc.
I knew it was deep before I started digging, because of the faint chirp from the explorer...but it was repeatable in one direction...so I gave it a shot.
After getting the hole dug, I was able to get a very accurate measurement from the marks I have made on my Predator Raptor Digger handle, and it was a precise 11" deep.
It is so worn and thin on the front, that it took nearly 30 minutes before I was able to make out the 1887 date.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• decemberseated1-850.jpg
    decemberseated1-850.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 121
  • decemberseated4-850.jpg
    decemberseated4-850.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 96
  • decemberseated3-850.jpg
    decemberseated3-850.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 101
  • decemberseated7-850.jpg
    decemberseated7-850.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 112
  • decemberseated2-850.jpg
    decemberseated2-850.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 113
  • decemberseated6-850.jpg
    decemberseated6-850.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 115
  • decemberseated8-850.jpg
    decemberseated8-850.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 42
Totally sweet find! thin is awesome too...well, up to a point. great recovery on the deep silver

LOL, still in better shape than the three seated dimes I've found! So nice when a silver coin comes out of the ground, regardless of condition. Well done.

Great find, and at 11" it makes it that much sweeter. Congrats on saving that beauty.:thumbsup:

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!! I always enjoy seeing those!!!

Great find bet after 40 years you have tons of cool stuff and still hunting in the dark awesome true treasure hunter love it.

Congrats on the seated dime and at 11in. Nice to see the so called older detectors still pulling out nice old silver. I have a cz-3d I have been using since 2007 and still manage to find some nice older silver with it. Location,Location, Location.

Nice save of the lady! :occasion14:

Nice,

She's thin but she counts.

I love finding seated coins. They are hard to come by though.

Jer

Love it when I’m not expecting silver and I find it.

Great find to find seated is always a thrill! It's amazing how worn it is but you still got a clear date on it! Wow 11 inches is a deep one!

That's a great job finding that one! A thin little dime, 11 inches deep, and in the dark! Amazing job!

And people ask me why I just chest mounted my Explorer...:laughing7:
Remember that lyric...”Were still having fun cuz you’re still the one”? There ya go.

LOL, still in better shape than the three seated dimes I've found! So nice when a silver coin comes out of the ground, regardless of condition. Well done.
Thanks. Yep, thin or not...I love 'em.

That is a great find. Congratulations.
Thanks

Totally sweet find! thin is awesome too...well, up to a point. great recovery on the deep silver
Thanks...yep, this is good.

Thanks, and yep they are fun to find.
Great find, and at 11" it makes it that much sweeter. Congrats on saving that beauty.:thumbsup:
Thanks. It was even more fun, because I wasn't sure what I had...lol.

Thanks, R.J.

Great find bet after 40 years you have tons of cool stuff and still hunting in the dark awesome true treasure hunter love it.
Thanks. I do have a nice assortment of silver goodies from this field.

Congrats on the seated dime and at 11in. Nice to see the so called older detectors still pulling out nice old silver. I have a cz-3d I have been using since 2007 and still manage to find some nice older silver with it. Location,Location, Location.
Thanks, Mike. I have a super hot CZ70Pro, that is the DEEPEST detector I have ever used...hands down, but I can't use it in iron infested areas. Since you have the 3D, you know what I'm talking about.
Nice save of the lady! :occasion14:
Thanks

Damn...that was a deep one! Nicely done!
Thanks, friend.

Nice job on pulling that deep Seated silver.
Thanks

Nice,

She's thin but she counts.

I love finding seated coins. They are hard to come by though.

Jer
Thanks, Jeremy. They are getting few and far between...unless their deep or covered in iron.

Very nice!!
Thanks, friend.

Love it when I’m not expecting silver and I find it.
Yep, same here.

Great find to find seated is always a thrill! It's amazing how worn it is but you still got a clear date on it! Wow 11 inches is a deep one!
Thanks, friend. Yep...she's a worn one, but the date was saved.

That's a great job finding that one! A thin little dime, 11 inches deep, and in the dark! Amazing job!
Thanks, friend.

And people ask me why I just chest mounted my Explorer...:laughing7:
Remember that lyric...”Were still having fun cuz you’re still the one”? There ya go.
Absolutely agree 100%:headbang: I am considering chest mounting mine as well.:laughing7: I still love using it...heavy or not.

Amazing find regardless of condition. Crazy to think you are still pulling things out of a site you've been hitting for 40 years. That is great. Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas Silver Freak!

Excellent recovery! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back