jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sure these Guys are at least being Paid as Professionals.
But seems to me they are wasting allot of wood. :o " tens of millions ?? "
for what ?? The entire Forest of Borneo ? only way I see to even get 10's :tongue3:
for their cuts , may be Small Pieces at $10 each in Souvenir Shops :coffee2:at least I Wouldn't want to Build a shed with their Cuts.
Would take forever. and Non would match the last piece used

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of hard to figure out just what they were doing there.12foot 2X2? What,s that good for,other than a tomato stake? A monumental waste of a magnificent log. On a side note,I wonder what the casualty rate is at that mill? Thanks jeff,interesting on a number of fronts.Not least that deal about giant WOOD?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the moment he stood on top and split the log with a chainsaw I thought Tens of Millions ? unless they were going for a Center Cut ? what kind of Mill is this ? then they just ruined half the wood with the 2nd cut and turned it for a 3rd.
a Pie Cut to Start ? :BangHead:
000aaa.jpg

then when the one guy was crawling in between the lumber and the other one grabbed him near the nuts ? :dontknow:
would love to see a osha bigshots face if that were in cali :laughing7:
He'd either go into convulsions or get a Big Smile thinking of the Millions in Fines he could Level.
maybe they mean tens of millions being destroyed by these
uneducated yahoos.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kind of hard to figure out just what they were doing there.12foot 2X2? What,s that good for,other than a tomato stake? A monumental waste of a magnificent log. On a side note,I wonder what the casualty rate is at that mill? Thanks jeff,interesting on a number of fronts.Not least that deal about giant WOOD?
12 inch 2"x 2" so the milling of the long lengths is justified for a number of reasons.

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 7.33.04 AM.png

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They're cutting turning blanks for lathe workers for making pens and small items.
Looking at the price for a 2"x2"x11
Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 7.46.03 AM.png
" the $$$ sure adds up at that mill
Borneo Rosewood
Piece 23
2 x 2 x 11 inches
Price: $23.00

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew what you ment.
The comment was meant in jest,so there,s no mistake pepp! Thanks for the info,I remember seeing those for sale in wood working catalogs,all kinds of oddball wood for sale for turning and such.I just hate to see such a magnificent log turned into 2in.X2in.X12in. billets like that. But there,s money in them little old pieces of wood,so!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread