What's new

WOT on Excal 2....

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering if the WOT coil on the Excal II adds more depth, or just more coverage area. Or both? Also heard Pinpointing can be tough. Any WOT users care to comment? I would be using it in an area with few targets and well hunted. What advantages/disadvantages do you see with this coil?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron
 
Upvote 0
I have no problem walking behind most Excals or II with my wot.
At a beach I got a deep sound marked it then had a Excal II user to check the spot
they could not get a signal even after playing with settings and in pp mode nothing.
It was a dime 3 scoops deep with very diggable signal.

check out post "3 dold ring day" all finds were with a wot on a Excal

The larger of these rings was found with a Excal with a wot the smaller was found with a Infinium LS
both in water .04 grams

HH Jim
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0063.webp
    DSCF0063.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 426
Any configuration requirements or do you just splice the WOT into the Excal and go at it?
 
I have found mine to be deeper with the WOT over the stock coil

I spliced mine to the stock cable about 14-16 inches from controls........Waterproofed it using liquid tape, heat shrink and plas-dip.
 
Over a stock 10 inch excalibur, more coverage and depth. That 10 inch is getting the same targets, you just can't hear them they are so faint..plus most are covered by the just audible threshold, this is in the PP mode. With a few modes to a out of warrenty excal II, the 10 inch can be just as deadly, you do give up the coverage. But with less weight, out of the water this can make a hunting day easier. In the water, no differene other then drag........I see very little difference in PP between the two..
 

Attachments

  • bulgins 400\'s.webp
    bulgins 400\'s.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 337
  • threshold.webp
    threshold.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 330
I spent 11 hours last Saturday swinging my Excal with the WOT coil in the water, personally for me there isn't a problem with the WOT drag in the water unless the surf is ruff, once the surf goes over 24 inches it does become a little of a problem, I switch to my Excal with the Sunray S-12 coil then if I want to hunt in the water.......

But then again, I am just a kid....... :laughing7:
 
TH.....But then again, I am just a kid.......

I hope I can say that someday :notworthy:


Up north the water is a little tuffer, most of, in the Atlantic hunting I end up with the little 8 inch coil, I had the WOT out last month for a one day hunt (6 hours) testing the Diablo scoop at OC, never ventured into the water..Mostly the Wet sand.......she sure is deep with Doc's amp..or even without it. It's Been packet away for 4 years now, with the Bulgin I think she will get more use.....by the way TH, I got the idea on the connectors from you n MT.......much thanks .....
 
OldeBeechnut said:
TH.....But then again, I am just a kid.......

I hope I can say that someday :notworthy:


Up north the water is a little tuffer, most of, in the Atlantic hunting I end up with the little 8 inch coil, I had the WOT out last month for a one day hunt (6 hours) testing the Diablo scoop at OC, never ventured into the water..Mostly the Wet sand.......she sure is deep with Doc's amp..or even without it. It's Been packet away for 4 years now, with the Bulgin I think she will get more use.....by the way TH, I got the idea on the connectors from you n MT.......much thanks .....

:icon_thumright:
 
I told my wife I wanted a WOT for Fathers Day so I might be able to find some deeper targets. So my "WOT" came 2 days ago.

KT5.webp
 
sjarchangel said:
I told my wife I wanted a WOT for Fathers Day so I might be able to find some deeper targets. So my "WOT" came 2 days ago.
Nice One! I could have sure used that a couple of times relic hunting. Wonder how it would work cutting your own trench in shallow water? ;D
 
24" bucket on the BH and it has an 8' depth.
. . . now if only I can find the elusive chest . . .

:-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom