What's new

Would anyone know what this is?

PS1876

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 13, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this odd pebble on the beach in Sydney, Australia.

Not sure if it is some sort of waste slag or natural. not magnetic.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG_3091.webp
IMG_3089.webp
IMG_3092.webp
IMG_3090.webp
 
Looks like a piece of very weathered coral, or a fire nugget?
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply Tony. It seems to be too hard for coral, I can't scratch the brown material with a knife but was able to make a very small scratch with a corner of a piece of tourmaline. The porous structure and black inclusions look like it formed in high temperature.
 
Upvote 0
I seen something very much like that and I was lucky, it did not make a stain on the carpet.:censored:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED Iron Slag??
Replies
11
Views
934
  • Question Question
✅ SOLVED What is it?
Replies
3
Views
533
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
454

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom