What's new

Would this be Relic Hunting or Coinshooting...

coinman123

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
5,768
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are metal detecting and looking for coins with major historical significance such as colonial coins would that be coinshooting or relic hunting? I mainly look for any item of historical significance, specifically colonial and early american artifacts of any kind, and I consider early coins more as relics than coins, though they do not go in my relic display cases.

Coinman123,
 
cionman123, I think you've answered your own question by saying, "they do not go in my relic display cases".
Either way, post a few pics of your colonials please. I've never dug one.
Thanks
Peace ✌
 
I don't have that problem, because in 1855 Oregon, there were darn few coins for anyone to loose. I think large cents etc. are still legal currency and spendable at face value, and in that case wouldn't it be coin shooting? On the other hand, if I was to find a hot lick and was getting relics and coins from the same site, I think I'd display the lot of it together, the coins would be part of the artifacts.
 
cionman123, I think you've answered your own question by saying, "they do not go in my relic display cases".
Either way, post a few pics of your colonials please. I've never dug one.
Thanks
Peace ✌

I have photo of a bunch of the coppers that I have found this year in one photo, it is one my phone so I will email it over to my computer and post it here soon. Good luck finding one, I hope you will!

Coinman123,
 
It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom