What's new

Would you like these wheat penny rolls... :~)

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Went to one of my half dollar source banks to pick up a few boxes today. The teller brings them out then asks if I also search for wheat pennies. I say sure - the teller hands me four rolls with "wheat cents" written on them in black marker. They were old and faded...the teller than asks if I want the dimes to - sure I say why not! He handed me 6 rolls of dimes. They weren't as nice as the penny rolls (solid wheats from the 20's to 57) but they had a few silver rosies and mercury dimes! The three halve boxes were two skunks and one with a 63 Ben, 64 Kennedy and a 68 Kennedy. Wish all my tellers were like this. Could use a few more from the boxes...

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Nice...very nice.

mistergee said:
Nice...gotta love those tellers :thumbsup:

Ditto!
 
Yea - nice teller! Same one handed me a Walker and a 68-d from the till the week before.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom