What's new

WOW! I got quite the variety tonight!

Ifyndit

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
255
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
I have gone through my first box of halves tonight and have found quite a selection of goodies.

Box #1

(1) 1974d doubled die obverse
(1) 1976d reverse cud at 2 o'clock position
(1) 1987d NIFC
(1) 1998p greased die
(1) 1997d off center (my first one)

And a nice selection of silver.....

I wonder what box two will have for me? I can't wait!

Box #2 -Skunk!
 

Attachments

  • DSC01778.webp
    DSC01778.webp
    17 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC01779.webp
    DSC01779.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC01780.webp
    DSC01780.webp
    28 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC01781.webp
    DSC01781.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 403
  • DSC01782.webp
    DSC01782.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC01783.webp
    DSC01783.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC01784.webp
    DSC01784.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC01785.webp
    DSC01785.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0
That is one unbelievable box there!

Maine_Jim
 
When the silver starts to dry up, the errors will be the next best thing to hunt for. Nice finds :thumbsup:
 
Goes4ever said:
your first box!!!!!! hope you don't get your hopes that all will be that good, you experienced beginners luck for sure. I have searched 50+ boxes this year plus rolls and loose and still have no got a 1976 with a cud mark, you lucked out big time!

I meant it was my first box tonight. I've been through 146 half boxes for the year.
 
Ifyndit said:
Goes4ever said:
your first box!!!!!! hope you don't get your hopes that all will be that good, you experienced beginners luck for sure. I have searched 50+ boxes this year plus rolls and loose and still have no got a 1976 with a cud mark, you lucked out big time!
ok then awesome results! lol I thought it was your first box! =)

I meant it was my first box tonight. I've been through 146 half boxes for the year.
 
Awesome find on the 74 DDO. I personally have only found one. I don't have the patience to look
that closely, so I only look at the ones in better condition under a magnifier.

The 1997 is a misaligned die UNLESS the reverse is offset exactly the same.

I found several 1996's with grease filled dies. Let me know if you can find anywhere to sell them at a profit.
If you so sell it, let us know what you get for it.
 
XX said:
Awesome find on the 74 DDO. I personally have only found one. I don't have the patience to look
that closely, so I only look at the ones in better condition under a magnifier.

The 1997 is a misaligned die UNLESS the reverse is offset exactly the same.

I found several 1996's with grease filled dies. Let me know if you can find anywhere to sell them at a profit.
If you so sell it, let us know what you get for it.

Thanks XX.

The reverse of the half is not offset so it must be a misaligned die. I've never sold any greased dies yet but I am getting quite a collection. I figured I'll keep saving these errors and maybe years down the road when I'm ready to retire I will have a nice little retirement bonus. After all, they are only costing me 50 cents each right now! I think that is about the 30th 74 ddo I have found in a year and a half. I usually average about one per $5,000 in halves searched (although I went through quite a dry spell for a while).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom