What's new

wow what a mad house

Now that..... is a camera!!
What did you replace?

Well for digital that replaces my tablet. Last digital camera I had got liberated by somebody that apparently needed it more than I did. I still have and use my Minolta maxxum 9000 that I've had since '87 still is a great film camera, is amazing how cheap you can find those nowadays.
Now if I can get my paws on a 400-600mm lens..get those money shots then heh.

Mike
 
Sheeple never cease to amaze me. The last place you will ever find me is where the crowd is.
 
I was looking for 55" digtal TV for our bedroom, Walmart had a sell starting at 8pm turkey day for $899. Got there at 8:30 and TVs were sold out.

Whole reason I went shopping for TV was wife wanted one for bedroom so she could watch different show when I was watching movie she didn't like and she said "let's buy TV, I will split cost with you," she has her own checking account.

I said screw it went home and decided to shop Best Buy online. They had nice Samsung 65" digital HD Smart TV, 240 refresh rate on sell for $1100.00, $500 off. Ordered it, went to pick it up Friday morning, parked at Best Buy warehouse waiting for them to bring it out to load when man comes out and says "need to talk to you sir", I said that's not good.. Turned out they had damaged the TV bringing it out.

Turns out it was last one in store of that model. They were trying to figure out how to make it right, they offered different brand and I said no, I wanted Samsung...

Long story short, they gave me the next Samsung model up for no extra charge, a $400 upgrade from what i was buying for the same price, has all the same features except it is 3D.

I ended up with a Samsung model UN65H7150 65-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED TV for $1100.[emoji106]
 
Last edited:
Aha that's how I sorta got the way better camera TH, good one you got there.

Hey boatlode, why does shopping make somebody a sheeple ? Because it was turkey day ? Not everybody has friends/family to hang with on turkey day. Going out and getting something for a good price beats sitting at home feeling paranoid.

BC
 
I think the last time I went 'Black Friday' shopping was in 2004. Walmart had a optically lit Christmas tree on sale for a cheap price. There were a couple of other things that I wanted also that were on the sale. I don't remember what they were, but I remember they were already sold out of one of the items. Anyway, I got the tree and the other item, managed to finally get through the check-out. A few minutes after I got home, my wife was watching the local news. They were running a story about two Walmart stores that had fights break out. One was at the store my son and I had just left. The fight at the store that we had just left was between two women. A man that tried to break them up was 'beaned' with something (don't remember what) that one of the women was carrying. He required half a dozen stitches for his 'helpfulness'. lol The year before, there were a couple of fights at the same two stores. Since then, I haven't seen much to get me out on those melees.

During the 2005 and 2006 'Black Friday' sales at a different Walmart, I was working as a greeter. That was enough to make most people stay home during these events! People were coming through with items that had not been paid for, and some of the people didn't even have their receipt. I remember one woman had a bunch of sales paper crumpled in the rear of the shopping cart that she was using to carrying her purchases out to her car. The alarm sounded when she came through the sensors. When I checked her packages against the receipt, everything seemed to be paid for. When I passed the 'wand' over the items, nothing happened. When I passed it over the rear part of the cart, it sounded off. There were 5 or 6 DVD movies under the crumpled paper. No, of course, she didn't know anything about those movies! But, after seeing the titles, she decided to take them back to the register and pay for them because they really looked interesting to her! What a crock!

You'd really be surprised how dishonest a lot of people are. Two guys got one of the carts that are used to carry the larger, heavier items out of the store for the customers. They went to the back of the store and loaded a large screen tv onto it and carried it out. It was one that was on display and didn't have the 'bug' for the sensors to pick up. They got away with it even though the clerk in the tv department noticed the empty space and alerted the security guys. The security guys went back to the security tapes and found the whole theft. But the guys faces were never seen enough to find them.
 
Jeff, is that those Sunbeam batteries?
 
Jeff, is that those Sunbeam batteries?

Family Dollar Alkalines.

DURACELL owns the trademark ?
or are they just in denial ?

DSCF0001.webp
 
Last edited:
Hey boatlode, why does shopping make somebody a sheeple ?
BC

Shopping doesn't make somebody a sheeple. Sheeple blindly follow the crowd and do the same thing as everybody else does. Some people like crowds. I don't. I would rather "zig" when everybody else "zags" in order to avoid them.
 
only store I hit yesterday afternoon was Family Dollar
They had a special $12.72 for 72 Alkaline AA's I couldn't resist.
walked in paid for them & walked out.

great minds think alike lol
me too, 36 pack 5$, got 4pks spent 21+change maybe spent 10min for time in and out
 
DONT TELL IT'S A SECRET

the stores have 5-10 of the big sale item, everyone wants, sells out fast, then you spend
a few of the $$$$ on something else store says mission accomplished

ive only done one black f, i think it was a Wmart, they had item cards you redeem at the
service register, i got right to the item, no one going there but me, what ya know no cards
asked a worker, shrugs must be sold out, talked to manager she says same thing, im 100%
certain the employees kept cards for themselves and fam,as i saw leaving, one putting a great
deal in his car
 
Wally world had 32" tv's for 98 bucks. Deals like that get me there. The local Walmart (20 miles away) even on black Friday people say...excuse me go ahead. ahhhh small towns.
 
That's something I didn't mention last night, like what bosnmate said, store is to big, was hoping to get a motorized cart for my wife, but wishful thinking considering the crowds.
That is until I came across 3 teenagers playing bumper carts with other shoppers and anything they found worthy of crashing into. I did at first ask nicely if they could relinquish one of them for somebody that actually needs one, well the f off I got was enough to switch me from Mike to BC..BC being my mean as hell other voice in my head, gotta say I contemplated a trip to jail to teach those punks a life lesson, considering even the management sided with them even though it was obvious they didn't need to use them, first come first serve..blah blah.

Mike

me too.pushed to the brink.
 
had to go to menard's today for a plumbing project. who knew menard's was a hot place for shopping?
Menards .. You must live up north here i never seen a Menard's down south..
 
Apparently raising hell works with Walmart! After a few hours on the phone I still didn't get the d3200 camera, but instead got a d3300 kit for 100 bucks less than the 3200!
I'm happy as a sugar ant eating a jolly rancher on the sidewalk.
399 for this kit is great.
View attachment 1085374
Yay!
View attachment 1085376

Guess I'll have to find a place to store pics online now since Tnet only supports up to 5mb files, the smallest, pic this thing takes is is around 5.4mb.

I'm happy, my wife says I'm spoiled heh.

Mike

In my experience with film cameras, macro adapters work really great, you might want to try one with your new camera, the price is right -- the only problem I remember is getting enough light, and that might have been with the telephoto, don't remember that for sure. But here's a link to a $12 adapter that will probably surprise you how well it works.

Amazon.com: nikon macro adapter
 
I did no shopping went to Ohio for the holiday on the PA Turnpike, all the PA T-Pike rest stops were jam packed with people, it was real smooth until Pittsburgh, then the traffic was slow, but moving, going home on Saturday was real smooth. At the Somerset PA rest stop some guy bumped into the cars bumper parked in front of him, a elderly passenger got out and was giving him heck and calling him a moron and an idiot that did not know how to drive, and to go home and park his car and turn his license in and never drive again. I was out walking the dog and just started cracking up, I could not help it. Some guy standing next to me looked at me and I said thats the holiday spirit, isn't it, and he laughed.
 
That madness is not worth it.And walmart is the evil empire to me.
 
In my experience with film cameras, macro adapters work really great, you might want to try one with your new camera, the price is right -- the only problem I remember is getting enough light, and that might have been with the telephoto, don't remember that for sure. But here's a link to a $12 adapter that will probably surprise you how well it works.

Amazon.com: nikon macro adapter

Hey I didn't know those could be used on digitals...thanks you just saved me a couple hundred bucks!

Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom