Wreath part of 2 piece Buckle. Variety ID needed please.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me, DigginitRTB, my brother, Greylock, Oxbowbarefoot, Broken Knee, and Paul333, met for a hunt today at Jason's "field of dreams". :headbang: We all had a good time. I guess I was the only one NOT to find a coin. DigginitRTB found this part of a 2 piece buckle. I tried to ID it, but the closest pattern I could see was a General Service CS buckle, (which was not it). Has what looks like wheat ears for the decoration. Can someone date and ID it?? Thanks..................Hogge

Attachments

• DSC01136.JPG
    DSC01136.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01137.JPG
    DSC01137.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC01138.JPG
    DSC01138.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice buckle. Somehow I missed that during the show and tell. Don't feel bad about not finding a coin. My coin on the day was a 1989 dime haha.

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Hogge, it was good to meet you guy's today, looking forward to hunt with you again at the field of dreams, or up your way? Thumbs up on the buckle, broken or not definitely a cool find! HH
Keith

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a police buckle a long time ago (not sure where it is now)...it had that same design around the edge...
would have joined you guys down there if I wasn't getting ready for the flea market....

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish you guys were able to bring home more than you did, but I'm glad you all were able to make the trip out. It won't be long now and the fields will be done till fall. That buckle is interesting. I hope someone is able to make a solid ID on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread