What's new

Wut would you call this large triangle?

bmartin0693

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
280
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this 2-3/8" long, large triangle made from rhyolite. It is from western
NC. I'm thinkin it may be a late archaic large knife blade. I'm startin to
recognize many of the types I've collected alrdy, but this one really has no
name yet. Does anyone recognize a point like this or can give it a better name
for me? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 0427121453a.webp
    0427121453a.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 0427121453b.webp
    0427121453b.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 0427121452a.webp
    0427121452a.webp
    13 KB · Views: 86
  • 0427121452b.webp
    0427121452b.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Either a preform, blank or some kind of knife.
 
cache blade, teardrop, leaf blade, knife, looks early woodland. looks adena i have several just like that. nice pc.
 
Its a sweet knife. One side looks more serrated than the other. That might be the use side. Give it a good feel to see if one side is more jagged for use and the other is more smooth from being held.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom