Dave N Japan
Bronze Member
Today was a so...so Day! Can't believe the amount of American money found, 1 1963 Silver dime. 2 Wheat Penny's and 2 Nickles 60,63 and some recent Japanese money..The pipe and Hairpin was nice ..I broke the hairpin while digging!
Have to be more careful!
Anyway, The 2 rounds I found cleaned up real easy, I am always finding this kind of stuff of different types and was hopping I could ID some of them now that we have the internet and help. As you can see in the pictures, they have a silver type brass casing not gold brass.. Does anyone know who made them and what type of weapon they were used in?? The bottom has a deep recess as if the pin had hit it , but I guess they missfired. Has W.R.A. 43 on bottom.. Any help? Thanks!
Soon it will be too hot and you won't hear from me till fall...haha That is why I am trying to get in as much hunting while I can... Before the heat and Habu's come out! (type of snake) Won't kill you, but if it bites your hand, You may not be using it for the rest of your life...That type of snake! Thanks Again for any help! Dave
Have to be more careful! Anyway, The 2 rounds I found cleaned up real easy, I am always finding this kind of stuff of different types and was hopping I could ID some of them now that we have the internet and help. As you can see in the pictures, they have a silver type brass casing not gold brass.. Does anyone know who made them and what type of weapon they were used in?? The bottom has a deep recess as if the pin had hit it , but I guess they missfired. Has W.R.A. 43 on bottom.. Any help? Thanks!
Soon it will be too hot and you won't hear from me till fall...haha That is why I am trying to get in as much hunting while I can... Before the heat and Habu's come out! (type of snake) Won't kill you, but if it bites your hand, You may not be using it for the rest of your life...That type of snake! Thanks Again for any help! Dave
Attachments
Upvote
0
watch out for the live rounds, in the news a few weeks ago some guy was using a live round for a paperweight at a school he was teaching in and slammed it down on the desk to kill a bug and it blew up.. who said teachers are smart?
I leave the big stuff alone! I guy here also a year ago died in his house from WWII stuff, and he was also selling it at the flea market.. so it has become a big issue here..Me and Nahabit better be careful I guess.. I have heard that when moisture gets into the rounds it becomes more like nitro glycerin...Not sure if that is true..anyway thanks and take care!!







