What's new

WW2 AAF relics

ks coyote

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
630
Reaction score
384
Golden Thread
0
Location
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been hunting a closed WW2 AAF base and found some military relics from that period. The silver coins are foreign. A 1944 Rupee from India and a 1942 10 cent from the Netherlands.
 

Attachments

  • Base Finds.webp
    Base Finds.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
The closest relative was a sisters son. Nobody closer still living. I have returned a few though.
 
Nice finds. I have some WW2 things at home. I have coins and paper money my dad saved from when he was in the war,plus a small alabaster vase and egyptian cotton scarf and a carved ivory necklace from his time in North Africa. I also have a pair of black marbel bookends from Italy dated I think 1944 as well as a porcelian vase a small one he picked up in an antique shop when he was in Rome.
 
Very nice display!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom