What's new

WW2 German Helmet and nice Badge

CristianH

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2015
Messages
54
Reaction score
140
Golden Thread
0
Location
Romania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I hope that I will not disturb you and I want to present you my latest finds with a small story below. I was so excited to find a nice ww2 German helmet as you can see in the short movie about finds.

In that special day me and my brother decided to visit a WW2 zone not really far away from our city and it wasn't the first time, actually it was the third time in that zone.
The day started slowly with a few pieces of rusted iron but in a trench my metal detector started to sound like crazy with a high pitch and very deep signal. we started digging in that trench about 1 meter deep until we saw rusted iron. i was very excited because I thought it might be a helmet and it was :D.
It was a M40 German WW2 helmet, very rusted but not broken - and I tried the helmet on my head you can see the pictures on the video. Later in the same day I just found another German relic, it was a zinc badge also very nice and my brother has found an aluminium plate and 2 iron spikes.



dsc_3715.jpg


21313.jpg


dsc_3804.jpg


dsc_3738.jpg


dsc_3729.jpg
 
Upvote 42
Nice find,now hopefully you find a nice condition STG 44:icon_thumleft:
 
Very nice finds! Congrats my European counterpart!
 
Very good video and finds. Thanks for showing.:occasion14:
 
Thank you so much to all of you for your nice words I am so happy that you liked my video :)
 
Keep digging that trench,maybe theres a bunker or two in the trench where the soldiers went for shelter during an artillery barrage.
 
Keep digging that trench,maybe theres a bunker or two in the trench where the soldiers went for shelter during an artillery barrage.

I was doing that but no bunker :D just a few metal scraps.
 
Impressive! Amazing how well everything has held up. That's German quality for ya. :occasion14:
 
Very nice finds, Congrats! The M40 is usually better quality than the M42. Rarely without hole though. Canteen top is cool too, look for markings on the handle near the rivets and owners name carved into the aluminum. Most have a name on them. The "Infanteriesturmabzeichen silver" is in beautiful condition! Very cool find! It was awarded to soldiers who had 3 assaults, with break into enemy lines, on 3 different days. They silver wash turns into gold in the soil...worth some serious dough....
 
Very nice finds, Congrats! The M40 is usually better quality than the M42. Rarely without hole though. Canteen top is cool too, look for markings on the handle near the rivets and owners name carved into the aluminum. Most have a name on them. The "Infanteriesturmabzeichen silver" is in beautiful condition! Very cool find! It was awarded to soldiers who had 3 assaults, with break into enemy lines, on 3 different days. They silver wash turns into gold in the soil...worth some serious dough....

Wow thank you so much for info I didn't knew all of these, I'll try to clean the canteen top to check for any name or marks. What I cannot find about the badge are the letters R.S., I found something similar R.S.S. thank you again for all nice words and all good to know info.
 
Wow thank you so much for info I didn't knew all of these, I'll try to clean the canteen top to check for any name or marks. What I cannot find about the badge are the letters R.S., I found something similar R.S.S. thank you again for all nice words and all good to know info.

Makers mark R.S. is Rudolf Souval, Wien/Vienna
Makers markings on the canteen between the rivets should be a three letter code and the year. Yours look to me like pre or early war.
 
Last edited:
Amazing finds! Great video as well. Thanks for sharing and HH!
 
Some really nice finds rich in history. Thanks for sharing.
 
Incredible, the liner and interior cloth bands are in good enough condition to support the helmet, thats amazing.
I wore a helmet liner in the 80s, which I still have. I keep it in a glass case, and the bands are still well on their way to rotting through.
RIP, nobody comes home from the field without their helmet.
 
Last edited:
Your English is very good, very impressive, most of us can't EVEN speak English
 
Last edited:
Makers mark R.S. is Rudolf Souval, Wien/Vienna
Makers markings on the canteen between the rivets should be a three letter code and the year. Yours look to me like pre or early war.

Nothing between the rivets.
canteen.webp


Your English is incredible, very impressive, most of us can't even speak English

I am moved, thank you very much for your appreciation. I'm still learning :read2:and I spent a summer in the US and that was good to improve my English.
 
Last edited:
excellent finds. I'd love the chance to dig some relics like those. very nice that the infantry assault badge still has the clasp intact
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom