cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not often you get to see the face of the man who lost something you've found. I spent a beautiful evening detecting a swatch of woods alongside an old lake in our town, and got a big signal that I almost passed up as a can. Much to my surprise this guy was looking up at me from the dirt!

According to Wikipedia, United Aircraft was formed in the 1930's after the Air Mail scandals forced carriers and manufacturers to break up. United Aircraft was one of the early corporations on the Dow Jones index.

Based on the info I can find online, this badge style for employees was introduced in the early 1940s.

Who knows why this gentleman was walking in the woods long ago with his employee ID, I'm always amazed at what can be found in the forest.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

image.jpg

Upvote 12

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool. I'm assuming there was a United facility in your area?

JETSEMT-P

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an incredible find! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Coincidentally, I found a WW2 employee badge w/holder today myself at an estate sale for $1. Here it is-

DSC01379.jpg DSC01380.jpg

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only found one picture that was really old and still legal when I dug up a baby picture in a small frame. A friend of mine, found a locket that had some really nice black and white photos still in them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread