X-Terra 50

newtocoinhunting

Jan 16, 2006
Nebraska, USA
I am nearing the purchase of an X-Terra 50 and I would like to hear from anyone who owns one with the optional 18.75 kHz coil. I am wondering if I will find that swapping coils is not worth the performance difference (my targets primarily will be coins and items larger than what the 18.75 kHz coil is designed for). As well, I would have thought the higher kHz coil would have been smaller in diameter to help in trashy areas, I suspect that other specialized coils are on the way that I should wait for.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
The new coils are not available yet.The new 18.75klhz coils when they come will be better suited to finding smaller targets eg. small nuggets, jewelry and thin chains closer to the surface.For general coin hunting the standard coil at 7.5klhz would perform better giving more depth.
good luck hope you find plenty Neilo ;D

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Britain the 18.75 khz coil has been out for some weeks....in fact you get a very good deal if you buy the machine with both coils to start with. I haven't tried the new coil yet but you and Neilo are correct and it does seem to be more suited to the tiny early European coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread