X-TERRA70

T

TREETOPPER

I watched the dvd and the 70 looks like a winner. I think what i like most, is how easy it is to cancel out trash. I've been researching every multi purpose detector out their for the past 3 months and think this might be the one. 90% of my hunting will consist of coin and relics near Austin Texas, with the remainder, hunting gold in the Mojave desert. Is their anyone that has experience with the X-TERRA70 ?

I have an Xterra 70 with all three coils. It is lightweight and extremely easy to use. I like the fact the the numbers are so easy to read and it only uses four AA batteries. I like it.

Also this machine is reported to do pretty well for finding gold nuggets according to Chris from Arizona Outback. He really spoke highly of it! Said it was a strong performer for the price class in which it resides.

Any good on the beach and wet sands?I heard the csi 250 was made for underwater too.Any truth in this?

I do like my X-70, which I've had for three months. Only 35 hours on it so far, so I'm still learning. Having some problems with can-slaw acting like silver, but think I'm getting better at sorting them out with the pinpoint mode; if the tone drags out too far when pulling the coil away, it's probably junk.

Looking forward to trying it on Atlantic beaches next month.

DFIU

I have an X70 w. stock and HF DD coil. With the HF DD on it will give the dedicated VLF gold detectors a run for thier money. I find that it seems to be a bit more sensitive than the MXT (with which I'd nuggethunted in Ak.) with a markedly superior disc. mode. I find that the PP mode is somewhat of a joke, especially when hunting in AM mode. When coin hunting, I turn down the AM sens. and leave the Iron-mask on, and use it to PP. When hunting in AM, I just turn the tracking off to PP. ..Willy.

Beach - works fine, wet sand - doesn't like it at all. I did find a penny while working the lane but you get a lot of falsing in the wet sand.

does anyone know where i can get a dvd on the x terra 70

I believe youtube has some videos free for the watching.

The X-Terra70 coupled with the 10"round 7.5 kHz DD coil is a killer for deep old coppers and everything else. I hunt along side an Explorer and match find one two one.
Most of these few coppers dug last summer were 12 -14" deep in an old stage stop.

Attachments

• COINS ONLY 028.jpg
    COINS ONLY 028.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 622
The 70 does not work well in wet sand? Is it the detector, or is it a matter of coil and adjustment? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back