relichound

Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve had my Deus2 for a year now /same length of time that I owned the original Deus . I’ve primarily been using the General program which has served me well; dug my3rd US Federal Eagle Civil War Breast plate at almost 16 inches that was just a mere whisper, a Regimental hat letter “B”, period silver coins, VA half penny and many civil war bullets . I’m pleased on the depth I’m getting here in the N Virginia soil and believe the depth I’m getting is better than the original Deus IMHO -and I believe the Deus2 is much better in iron separation.

Tomorrow I’ll be going out to a new site I’ve researched and will be using Deus fast . I will increase the sensitivity to about 95-97 and will lower the reactivity to 2.5-curious how this program will work.

Im curious for you Deus2 relic hunters like me/ what is your preferred relic hunting program and why ? Happy hunting !

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For pure relic hunting, use the RELIC program and modify it as you proposed. You won't likely need the frequencies above 24KHz for relics. However, you should also customize DEUS FAST (4-40KHz) and compare the two side-by-side on targets you find.

I haven't been with the D2 long enough to know if a higher frequency will improve or detract from relic/coin style of hunting in the field, however, air-testing at home shows it has a negative effect.

Yeah, yeah, air-testing isn't an accurate assessment of how a detector will perform in the field, but it gives you an understanding of how program changes effect the basic performance on specific targets.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve had my Deus2 for a year now /same length of time that I owned the original Deus . I’ve primarily been using the General program which has served me well; dug my3rd US Federal Eagle Civil War Breast plate at almost 16 inches that was just a mere whisper, a Regimental hat letter “B”, period silver coins, VA half penny and many civil war bullets . I’m pleased on the depth I’m getting here in the N Virginia soil and believe the depth I’m getting is better than the original Deus IMHO -and I believe the Deus2 is much better in iron separation.

Tomorrow I’ll be going out to a new site I’ve researched and will be using Deus fast . I will increase the sensitivity to about 95-97 and will lower the reactivity to 2.5-curious how this program will work.

Im curious for you Deus2 relic hunters like me/ what is your preferred relic hunting program and why ? Happy hunting !
AMAZING POST thanks for SHARING :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think i need to come down there and watch you USE your Desus 2 hehehehe

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for the INVITE RELICHOUND !!!

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the Deus 2 & very new to it. Been using Sense Ft but I'm going to try Fast, Discri 6.8, Tones [pitch], Sensitivity 94 to 96, Frequency 24 KHz, reactivity 2.5 to 3, Threshold 1.
I've seen videos when in Fast [pitch] & changing Threshold from 0 to 1 you can get a better two way single on nonferrous targets using the smaller coil.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of good info here!
I agree with that for sure.
I just spent a fair amount of time looking at the site reference and gleamed over the blog entries for the past 18 months.
I couldn't find anything regarding the settings for the Deus ll
There was the update link for the 1.0 and a Big ATTENTION: DON'T
Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 8.24.32 AM.png

There was the "read more...." in the lower corner, which referenced the update features.
I could not find anything to do with what the OP asked about.

So if I wasn't up to date on the other version 1.1 patch I would have assumed that the 1.0 was the latest and the big DON'T I would think something was wrong (given there was a glitch-that was corrected)
Nor has there been any reference to the 1.1 patch.

Not implying that the vender isn't a source of good information-it's just I can't seem to find anything that is relevant to the OP's question regarding setting for relic hunting on the site.

So my take is that it's a plug for the vender's site.
I would assume that if a person was to cold call the vender and ask the pertinent question "What relic setting is the best to use/or what setting do I use for relic hunting?"
They would be willing to answer the question.

If I just missed the spot where this information was available on the link please help me out and point it out.
Much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread