XP Deus Field Test. 6 Indians 1892 barber dime. Couple buffs and some cool relics

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone

With the mild temps and the itch to break in the xp I headed out the past few days to a well worked section of a 100 plus yr old park

The first few hrs were rough. Trying to learn what the deus tones were telling me. Then I hit a buffalo.

I decided to play with the setting I made one change. Put the deus in full tones and watched the gb number and adj it accordingly

It was a whole new game after that. I ended up finding 6 Indian heads. Three in one hole. All surrounded by heavy trash

I pulled out a well worn 1892 o barber dime a few wheats and another buff. I was amazed how fast this unit is even in basic one

I'm gonna love this unit for relic hunting. There are some dislikes about it. But no unit I've ever used was perfect

This represents only 8 hrs with the deus. I believe once I get some more hrs with it it's just gonna be even better

I'm not saying run out and buy a deus. But just coming home not fatigued from a long hunt is great.

I'm impressed and I think it's going to be a nice added piece of equipment to the arsenal

Sorry for the dirty pics. I'm still in the process of cleaning up everything

HH Jer

Attachments

• KIMG0036.jpg
    KIMG0036.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 112
  • KIMG0037.jpg
    KIMG0037.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 116
  • KIMG0038.jpg
    KIMG0038.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • KIMG0039.jpg
    KIMG0039.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • KIMG0040.jpg
    KIMG0040.jpg
    925.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Upvote 9

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some great finds! That is a great first outing with any machine!

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! I love the deus. Modern sites can be a bit of a challenge factory programs particularly if there are a large amount of screw off steel and aluminum bottle tops. Some of these love to ring in right with copper and brass on modified deus fast (which from a factory preset standpoint is an excellent grab and go park program with regards to tone and recovery.

Tones are key on this baby and the soft faint iron grunt or spit coming off of the edges of caps are a great telltale sign to pass on modern trash.

VID on these units can be tough compared to other more intuitive ones. The ferrous horseshoe is another great indicator of tricky iron under the coil on a target that sounds iffy.

Good luck out there and great digs!!! Mine has produced some great finds in a short amount of time!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeremy, I was wondering if you got the Deus yet. I have about 10 hours under my belt with it. Sunday I took it to the place I took you where we found all the buttons. I have hit the place hard the last few years. The Deus managed to find a couple buttons and a few other things that the F75 missed. I haven't pulled any thing very deep with this machine yet.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trial run with those finds..
Man I love my Deus. Was in the lakes all summer and pulled the most gold/silver rings I ever have . And been relic hunting this fall/winter and it's a beast there too. I can swing this machine allday without my arms falling off.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys

Yeah Steve got it a few weeks back. Conditions finally thawed enough to hunt

Yeah the etrac will be my deep turf silver hunter. And the deus for everything else

Yeah the vdi is not real accurate but that's ok. Not used to shot gun shells and such reading so high on the vdi scale

But when I hunt with the deus it's gonna be at dig all sites anyways

I haven't noticed any extreme depth yet. But I'm sure that will come in time. Has no problem in the first 6 inches.

Bottle caps suck and the deus like round iron as well. But overall a nice unit to swing. Hopefully future updates will make it even better

HH Jer

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer, killer, killer! Congrats on getting the Deus!

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys

Yeah Steve got it a few weeks back. Conditions finally thawed enough to hunt

Yeah the etrac will be my deep turf silver hunter. And the deus for everything else

Yeah the vdi is not real accurate but that's ok. Not used to shot gun shells and such reading so high on the vdi scale

But when I hunt with the deus it's gonna be at dig all sites anyways

I haven't noticed any extreme depth yet. But I'm sure that will come in time. Has no problem in the first 6 inches.

Bottle caps suck and the deus like round iron as well. But overall a nice unit to swing. Hopefully future updates will make it even better

HH Jer

Yea shotgun shells are killer and ring quite a bit higher than most other detectors I've seen. I'll take the good with the bad any day on it with its ease of use and tone ID capabilities. The ability to tune so many settings particularly iron volume silencer and reactivity is superb!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found as many Roman coins this year with the Deus from a site I've hammered over the years. ie. it was my best total ever. Opened up the site all over again.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't knock the DEUS for it's capabilities. I will say that NYC Parks can be challenging as they are carpeted with steel bottle caps.
Congrats on a great hunt

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys

That's good to know cru. I was hoping some of my sites still held treasure. It looks like the dues is gonna open up those sites again.

I still got a lot to learn. But my initial impressions are good

Update I added a few cleaned pics. I noticed that the one buffalo appears to be counter fit. It's made of pewter or lead but not Nickel. Pretty cool I thought.

Yeah atw I don't think the deus will be my first choice for trashy old parks. That's were the etrac shines

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread