Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ugghhh! Hope I do not have to do business with them again. That is where I ordered my XPD2 from. Not a happy experience. Will leave it at that.
ouch, they worked on my deus1 all good on my end, did fast repair, sorry to hear.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ordered a 9" setup back in Dec. and still waiting. Anyone else here?

Cptbill

Greenie
Jan 2, 2017
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT Pro, AT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was ordered in late December also and is on the UPS truck, suppose to be here today!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Yes, Really FOUR FEET! And at the bottom of the hole if I'm still in good material, I'll go even deeper!
I don't believe that, in dirt and even wet sand, unless you can do it twice with a witness. Four feet and find a button, was luck and I seriously state that you never had a button signal when you started the dig.

What other junk did you come up with in that 4 foot you say you dug?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to an earlier remark, I have followed signals from a few inches in a hole down to 3 feet in said hole. No, no machine picked them up that deep, but 3 feet was the bottom of the habitation layer. I like the Deus II. And I'm not into being a youtube star, and bought my machine and didn't get it as a pro-mo. I went with a buddy to what we thought would be a great site last Friday. I got plenty of modern clad and junk, the machine did not lie on the non ferrous items. I dug the one good keeper of the day, a 17th century British farthing/token well toasted at 11" and the signal was very strong on a dime sized coin. Someone had already hit the site hard removing just about everything else old. We didn't even find a wheatie and the house is still standing.

Jul 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Nokta Impact, Nox 800, Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did my preorder on Christmas Day through Kellyco. Received it last week. Weather cooperating, I will get out with it this weekend!
Good luck everyone still waiting!

Cptbill

Greenie
Jan 2, 2017
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news. Who did you buy through?....if you don't mind me asking?
I bought mine from Metaldetector.com they have good customer service

Cptbill

Greenie
Jan 2, 2017
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine from Metaldetector.com they have good customer service
I forgot to say I did receive mine and in the learning curve state right now. So far I really like it and will give more of a report after this weekend.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Problem with the DEUS 2 . I contacted Deus Repair in Massachusetts and told them of the ISsue. They had me EMail Deus in France with the ISSUE and told me to see what they say. I sent them the issue. "I recently just got a new Deus II S.N 404A3E I have been a Deus user for 6 to 8 years. I presently have 5 Deus's 4 Deus 1's and 1 Deus II. With my Old Deus ones each has it 's own MI6 Pinpointer. My New Deus II also has a MI6 pinpointer. With my Old deus controllers all have the RECOVER Option of finding my pinpointer. The new Deus II manual on page 36 lists the instructions to recover the MI6 but on the Deus screen there is no RECOVER OPTION !!!! Can someone look into this please and advise to what steps need to be taken ?"
There reply was
"
Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for your mail.

We have check after your comments,and see on last version V0.6 available actually the following :

If you follow the process >OPTION>PAIRING>icone PINPOINTER>select>2 options are available>1) UNPAIR /2) RESEARCH.

In the manual it’s a wrong translation « RECOVER » should be replace and understand with « RESEARCH ».

Please can you confirm if you can find these functions with last V0.6 available on our website.

By avance we thank you very much you comments."

So now my understanding is the Deus 2 will no longer aid in finding a lost MI6 Pin Pointer like the old Deus 1 did :(

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup I ordered 11” to go with D2 with 9” then switched to 11” to get sooner and waiting for a 9” coil. With Deus 2 9” versions more available now I’m hoping just coils will soon follow but when is anyones guess. I really don’t see why they can’t provide individual coils even now.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup I ordered 11” to go with D2 with 9” then switched to 11” to get sooner and waiting for a 9” coil. With Deus 2 9” versions more available now I’m hoping just coils will soon follow but when is anyones guess. I really don’t see why they can’t provide individual coils even now.
I just recieved tracking for my 9" setup yesterday. Looking forward to trying out my first Xp anything.

Lammi

Greenie
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!

In case you were wondering, this thread is for discussion on the NEW XP DEUS II. Because there isn't too much known about it in the US right now, I figured that this chat thread will let people share their ideas, theories, finds, comments & concerns about this exciting new product. I hope it will also help those (like myslef) who are looking to purchase one in the near future learn about it and recieve tips from experienced DEUS users and their thoughts on XP's new detector.*

Happy Hunting!

*I am not sponsored by XP or any other metal detector company to say anything nice, negative, or promote products. I am just a normal treasure hunter who is curious and excited about this new detector.
I just received mine, have CTX,Excalibur and equinox 800 secont day I know this is a game changer
creating programs ,quick access to all features. on beach and lightweight
also hitting rings really deep
The ability to hold the controller in your hands it’s just the newest thing going that works
Setting up charging could be easier but all in all I’m very happy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread