CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that you can compare the Nox on Recovery (aka reactivity) of 4 with the Deus reactivity at 1, though. The Deus is fast, but not THAT fast.
I need to adjust the Nox to hit the dime. That means lowering recovery or increasing sensitivity or both. I typically never go below 4 on Nox recovery speed unless I'm at the beach.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you are a tester for Deus I don't think that the 2 has been available long enough to have gained the experience needed for true testing/learning. I stll learn on the Deus 1 after having it for about
5 years.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is, up until noon. After that, it switches to military time.
24 hour time in the AM reads as 0100-0200-etc. up until 1200 or noon,after that it reads as 1300-1400-1500 etc.in the PM.If you already know this,my apologies,no put down intended.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
24 hour time in the AM reads as 0100-0200-etc. up until 1200 or noon,after that it reads as 1300-1400-1500 etc.in the PM.If you already know this,my apologies,no put down intended.
Yeah, I was trying to be funny. Ex-USN here.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just started burying coins a few weeks ago to make a test garden.

My equinox and Deus 2 struggle with 6" seated dime and 8"walker 1/2.

The equinox hits the 1/2 with great silver tone running Field 1 reactivity 4, sensitivity 20. That same setting mostly identifies the dime as iron.

I have the 9" coil on the XPD2. To hit those 2 targets in my soil I use Deep HC, reactivity 1, sensitivity 95, silencer 0, audio response 5. I reduced discrim to the max. This setting is hitting the dime better than my Nox with the setting noted above. The setting above is what I typically hunt with in non trashy environments when using the equinox. I always hunt full metal mode.

It's taking time to figure out what does and doesn't work in my hot soil.

0-4" XPD2 is great in factory presets where I live. To get more depth I'm testing out settings.
don't you guys have gold in out there? I know you have deserts and they usually have gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions