xp deus vs minelab safari

I'm not familiar with PADI, but OW level is maybe not enough. The most important is to be confident with buoyancy @low depth, and it is the most difficult to get.

Hi depth diving is easy compared ti the low depth <30ft dives. You need to get use to your breathing influence on your buoyancy and when you have less then 30ft, for beginners it's hard not to surface.

Wait the DEUS 4.0 version + coil to enjoy a waterproof machine....

I have read a lot about version 4.0 and the new high frequecy coil (but not simultaneus multifrequecy like the minelab water machines), which will likely make it a better beach/shallow water small gold machine. But nothing I have read from XP or from Andy Sabisch about the new software or coil mentions that you will no longer need the existing waterproof kit (or a homegrown setup) to protect the control box and necessitating wired headphones. Since the deus relies on wireless transmission between the coil and the control box, I don't see how it could ever be more than a shallow water detector and, at best, cludgy shallow diving detector even with a waterproof kit and the added antenna extension thingy. What info am I missing regarding the upcoming changes re: waterproof and diving, I would like to find out more. Thanks. (If I am reading too much into the latter diving posts of this thread, then feel free to recalibrate me).

I have read a lot about version 4.0 and the new high frequecy coil (but not simultaneus multifrequecy like the minelab water machines), which will likely make it a better beach/shallow water small gold machine. But nothing I have read from XP or from Andy Sabisch about the new software or coil mentions that you will no longer need the existing waterproof kit (or a homegrown setup) to protect the control box and necessitating wired headphones. Since the deus relies on wireless transmission between the coil and the control box, I don't see how it could ever be more than a shallow water detector and, at best, cludgy shallow diving detector even with a waterproof kit and the added antenna extension thingy. What info am I missing regarding the upcoming changes re: waterproof and diving, I would like to find out more. Thanks. (If I am reading too much into the latter diving posts of this thread, then feel free to recalibrate me).

I can't give you any information. Only thing I can tell you is that I will forget my CTX for sure.

Deus will be faster (not new), is deeper and will be even more deep in ALL METAL mode..which is almost the way we use our detectors underwater.

What I can say: you will here from me shorlty and you will be to enjoy your Deus for this summer :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
I can't give you any information. Only thing I can tell you is that I will forget my CTX for sure.

Deus will be faster (not new), is deeper and will be even more deep in ALL METAL mode..which is almost the way we use our detectors underwater.

What I can say: you will here from me shorlty and you will be to enjoy your Deus for this summer :icon_thumright:

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear about this new twist on the Deus update when it comes out into the light. Thanks for keeping it interesting. Regardless, as much as I would like to try out the new smaller coil (though that will again set me back some coin), I would really just love to get my Deus updated to V4 in advance of the HW release. There are a lot of 3.2 quirks that I know will be fixed with the 4.0 upgrade that I would love to start using now, even without the new hardware. Hope it out comes soon.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear about this new twist on the Deus update when it comes out into the light. Thanks for keeping it interesting. Regardless, as much as I would like to try out the new smaller coil (though that will again set me back some coin), I would really just love to get my Deus updated to V4 in advance of the HW release. There are a lot of 3.2 quirks that I know will be fixed with the 4.0 upgrade that I would love to start using now, even without the new hardware. Hope it out comes soon.

V4.0 will enable new accessories, you won't be able to use the existing ones in saltwater

V4.0 will enable new accessories, you won't be able to use the existing ones in saltwater

Understood. Like I said, I would just be happy with the interface fixes the Version 4.0 update is bringing to the existing hardware. The new Deus accessories (pinpointer, coil, and ????) would just be icing (that I probably can't afford right now, anyway lol)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back