Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you seen my post for sale?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to buy a good working XP Deus with 11" coil, With remote and prefer the full size wireless headphones.
IM NOT INTERESTED IN PAYING ALMOST NEW PRICE FOR A USED DETECTOR

Because of your stated preference for the WS5 (full size) headphones combined with what you think is a fair offer for a used Deus controller/wireless headphone package (though who can blame you if you actually do get it), it appears you may not be totally informed about the Deus hardware you are trying to purchase. So I want to try to help out with a little information/advice before you plunk down something in the neighborhood of one grand for your next detector and come out disappointed. If I am wrong then just ignore everything after this period.

Specifically, in regards to the wireless headphones, I would advise against getting the WS5 over the ear headphones vice the WS4 backphones with removeable control puck for the following reasons:

The over the ear WS5 headphones are more expensive and make the entire Deus package unnecessarily more expensive with less functionality and flexibility as explained further below. (Standalone, new, the WS5 headphones retail for approx $100US more than the WS4's)

The WS5 headphones are not water resistant unlike the WS4's.

The control module on the WS5 headphone is not removable - this is a disadvantage because if the audio portion of the headphone fails (after warranty) you have a useless, expensive control unit.

The WS4 control unit can be removed from the inexpensive (but good quality) backphones and used standalone (with an inexpensive audio adapter plate for wired headsets) or married to relatively inexpensive third party over the ear headphones to give you the same functionality as the WS5 for about thee same total cost, while retaining the flexibility afforded by the WS4 puck (e.g., Deteknix WS4 compatible headphones for ~$100 US making the total aftermarket cost equivalent to the the WS5's). Also, if the backphones fail, the control module can still be used on a replacement set of backphones that can be ordered for about $20 US.

Regarding the coils, the 11" is great for ground coverage but is not that much deeper than the 9" if that is why you are interested in it. The 9", to me, seems to be better optimized for the Deus (I own both coils) but that may just be my imagination. If you need the greater ground coverage, go for the 11" package. But you can't go wrong with the 9" package either, if depth is what you are driving at. Plus the 9" is slightly lighter and more maneuverable in tight spaces, obviously. From a package cost perspective, there is no difference between the two coils, even though, standalone, the 9" coil is ~$20 US cheaper than the 11". Point is, if you see a total Deus package around your desired price point but with the 9" coil, I would go for it.

Hope you found the above info useful.

Of course you have to be willing to spend what the market will bear, even for used equipment. If you do find that Deus package with controller AND wireless headphones of either flavor for much much south of $1000 snatch it up quick because I will in a heartbeat if I find out one is available. Good luck to you sir.

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Vferrari gave top notch advice. Take it.

Only thing I would add is used and warranty issues. Might want to ensure you get one when buying used. Original receipt required is my understanding.

OP
OP
T

Toolman0114

Sep 15, 2016
Windsor, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett ATPro
Fisher CZ21
Minelab GPX 4500
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for a little information, I am Canadian, so I have to add 33% exchange to the cost, plus 13% tax when I bring it across the border. The 13% taxes is on the Canadian value, NOT the actual USD cost.
So $850 USD + 33% ($280.50) = $1130.50 + 13% tax ($146.97) = $1277.47 CDN.
I can buy a new WS4 kit for $1750 CDN

So....$1000 USD + 33% ($330) = $1330 CDN + 13% (172.90) = $1502.90
so for a couple hundred I can buy new.
Hope everybody sees my point, not trying to insult anybody.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got that and why I was emphasizing $ US in my post. But while I can sympathize with your plight, I think you can agree that unfortunately doesn't change the economics or logic from the US seller's perspective, right? A US seller is not going to readily take the 40+% hit on the sale price out of the goodness of his heart if he doesn't have to (i.e., if he is not pressed to sell quickly and while their are potential US buyers out there). Hope you can find that deep discount US used sale (before a US buyer gets to it) or a used one put up by a fellow countryman. Once you get your hands on one, mosey on over to the Deus forum for some great tips on how you can get the most out of it. Sincerely wish you Good Luck in your quest, great detector.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dreaded duplicate post, sorry.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good information. I have considered a Dues, but have too many detectors already lol.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca,

You've got some great detectors there. Enjoy the weekend with some swing time and put this past week in the rearview mirror. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread