xXx --silver dime cache find and karma

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I haven't posted in a while due to having started a new job and no time to detect or do much else unfortunately. You may recall a lot of controversy a few months ago when I had mailed all my best coin finds off to someone and had never received them back. Then I posted that they were sent back to me and the delay was due to a misunderstanding. Well, perhaps the fact that the person was an honest and good guy and stuck to his word led to him finding a big cache of silver dimes, because that was xXx and so what comes around, goes around. Great find and congrats! (IS THE 1916 A D!!!???--worth thousands. D is on back at bottom left I believe, or someone correct me.)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I should add, and this just gave me goose bumps when I realized, that the vast majority of the coins I sent xXx were...drum roll...MERCURY DIMES!!!

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to say that the law of reciprocity should be studied in school. What goes around does come around. HH! Chris

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
BERGIEEEEEEE!!!!! ;D
Great to hear from you again. I thought you disappeared.
I sent you a pm today.
I have been studying this 1916 coin intensley. I am putting a copy of it on here, but it didn't turn out too good. You really can't tell anything from it.
The "D" would be under the branch on the bottom left of the back of the coin, which happens to be a little worn on this coin. Viewing it through the magnifying glass I seem to be making out the outline of a "D" through the worn area, but I may just be looking too hard and wanting to see it. I am definately going to have to take it to a professional with a better magnifying glass.
Again, good to hear from you. Don't be such a stranger.
xXx

Attachments

• 1916 Dime.jpg
    1916 Dime.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,016

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
N E Hunter,
That's exactly where I was looking for the "D". As I was saying, the mark is right in the worn area of the coin, as is yours. It seems like I can barely make out a bit of the "D" but I may be just wanting to see it, and my eyes are playing tricks on me. I need to take it to a professional to get it checked out much closer.
By the way, what is a 1916 "D" going for? (hopeful dreaming?)
Thanks.
xXx

Swanie1

May 6, 2003
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & XL500 SEAHUNTER-PULSE
Speaking of 1916D Mercs, I have found two of them while metal detecting in my 35 years of hunting.
One would have been an excellent coin if I hadn't nicked it and the other would be considerd about good.

Attachments

• 1916dMercAG(side1).jpg
    1916dMercAG(side1).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 962
  • 1916dMercAG(side2).jpg
    1916dMercAG(side2).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 963
  • 1916dMerc(side2-2).jpg
    1916dMerc(side2-2).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 939
  • 1916dMercAG(side1).jpg
    1916dMercAG(side1).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 900
  • 1916dMercAG(side2).jpg
    1916dMercAG(side2).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 908

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I'm glad to hear that everything worked out OK. Nice Mercs by the way... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Wow, Swanie those are beautiful coins.
Mine isn't quite in that good of shape. Most of the other coins are like that top 1916 you pictured. My 1916 is a bit more worn than your second photo.
Great coins.
xXx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread