Yea baby! Wisconsin buttons!

dieharddigger

Dec 1, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/E-Trac
Went to the college to hunt today. There was a civil war camp(Camp Utley) right next to the college. The college was started in the 1850's. I was nearing the end of my first pass and I hit a low tone,but it sounded good,so I dug it. Out popped this baby!
006.JPG
Man I was happy! I even called my buddy Dave to tell him! If I quit hunting right then I would have considered it a great hunt. But I'm no quitter! I turned around and headed back the other way. I found these on that trip through.
014.JPG
009.JPG
At the end of that pass I had a good hit and I was thinking large cent,but I got this instead.
012.JPG
013.JPG
Hunted for a while with some junk and clad,then I found this.
007.JPG
Found a few pieces of junk jewelry and odd ball stuff. I was about forty feet from the first button find when I hit number two! In even better shape than the first one!
004.JPG
005.JPG
I even snagged a piece of silver!
008.JPG
Hunted for a while longer and found the heart pendant with the chain(rusted)wrapped around it.
015.JPG
Here's the rest.
020.JPG
010.JPG
It was a great hunt!
If anyone has any info on the button's please let me know.I know the Wisconsin one's are 1880-1920,I thought for sure they were civil war. Need info on the round one's too.
Hope everyone found something good today!
HH, Steve

Upvote 0
Sweet looking relics,I like the buttons.
Congrats on a very successful hunt :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Looks like you had an excellent hunt... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 395
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 403
As you say the Pettibone mf'g co cincinnati backmark was 1880-1920, that seems to be all the info thats out there, although I read that it might be post 1885 (sorry only narrows it a bit).

Nice buttons and fabulous FOBs there!
And a shiny dime to boot, good site!

Very nice hunt. I found one of those little round buttons last year and no one was able to tell me what it was

nice relics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back