What's new

Year 1550, 1800 coins and etc

vince76

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
3,094
Golden Thread
5
Location
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i spent one hour in a trashy park.
Terrible experience.
I noticed some pine trees and so i headed there. The area was less trashy and a 80 was coming from far away. About 20 cm i found the 3 Centimes of Napoleon. So the area became a interesting one.

img053.webpimg054.webp


A strong 62-63 sound and the other coin was almost in the surface. It was a Terlina of Filippo II 1556-1598.

img051.webpimg052.webp

First i thought that this thimbles were from our days but then i red somwhere that were used from 1800 to 1900. The soldiers should have always with them.

img049.webp

Thank you for watching.
 
Upvote 18
The bottom right thimble is the oldest. These topless types are sometimes referred to a Taylors. Might just be 17th C.

Also a common British Army General Service Corp button post 1902
 
Sweet digs Vince, I envy you having such a history rich area to hunt. Are you in the graphic arts field?
 
The bottom right thimble is the oldest. These topless types are sometimes referred to a Taylors. Might just be 17th C.

Also a common British Army General Service Corp button post 1902

I thought the same about the last one because of the way it is engraved.
 
Very nice finds Vince. The thimbles are really nice.

Good luck!
 
Sweet digs Vince, I envy you having such a history rich area to hunt. Are you in the graphic arts field?

Thanks Loco. Feel free to envy me :p . I'm not in the graphics arts field. Why do you think so? Shooting photos or editing them is my hobby.
 
Thanks Tom. I almost threw them away.

Even though I am a coin shooter at heart, I do keep my cool finds and older relics. Those are some nice thimbles. :occasion14:
 
Thanks Tom. I almost threw them away.

It seems you are getting as good at finding treasure as you are in your photo editing skills. I need to improve my photo skills.
 
The one that i post aren't photos. I scanned them. Sometimes shooting a photo can hrlp you id the coin finding the right angle but if u have not that prob just put them on a scanner.
 
VINCE YOU GOT SOME INTERESTING FINDS ...
 
Excellent finds. That is one heck of a park your hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom