What's new

Yes, more buttons

mxtswinger

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
446
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
I found a neat flattie cuff button yesterday and have never seen a desigh like this. Wondering if anyone has a clue to the symbolism. Three triangles? Religious-Trinity? Masonic? I can make out RICH on the back which usually goes with Rich Colour

Also an Eagle button I can't find on the net. I'm guessing Spanish-American, but not sure.

Mucho thanks for any words of wisdom.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3285.webp
    DSCN3285.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN3283.webp
    DSCN3283.webp
    49 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN3174.webp
    DSCN3174.webp
    59 KB · Views: 198
any back mark on the eagle?
 
Upvote 0
Sorry about that I got ahead of myself. The backmark on the eagle is Waterbury Manufacturing Co
 
Upvote 0
scovill mf'g co waterbury --1850 to 1865 back mark --general service type (not specialized -- with I or C or A on it often given to common low ranking foot soldiers and other general troops) look at --waterbury button back marks --in google

if so it commonly thought of as a civil war era button *
 
Upvote 0
if thats it -- got your self a civil war era button ---score!!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom