YES! My First COBALT Blob Top Soda Bottle! Top Shelf Find!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I cant believe the way the day ended today. Got out after work for a few hours. Grabbed my waiters and jumped in the river 5 minutes from home. Was only hoping to find some 20s and 30s beer bottles of which I found three. Got a Val Blatz, Miller and a Foss-Schneider from Ohio. The Miller and Foss were firsts for me. Also got a post hutch style E.L. Husting. Not sure the proper name for this style. Also a first.

I was not expecting to find this beautiful cobalt L. Werrbach & Co blob top soda bottle. I was so shocked just to see it laying in the shallow water fully exposed. Completely forgot to take an insitu pic. Definitely now my most favorite bottle in my collection. Cleaned up very well but I plan on having this one professionally tumbled by a friend. The sun was setting and it was getting harder to see so I called it a day after that. I'll absolutely be going back to this stretch of the river. Barely scratched the surface.

Enjoy some pics. Happy hunting everyone.

20220824_191623.jpg
20220824_191757.jpg
20220824_195719.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 43
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely fantastic bottle, congrats!
I louv4e that bodle and the collor of it.deep bluew
I need a river like that to hunt in. Killer find. Congratulations.
What a SWEET find Looks in good shape too!
That's one killer bottle right there....keep it on a shelf away from cats.
Thanks all. Very fortunate to live so close to a river with a lot of history around it. Bottle is complete with some nicks here and there from being in the water for 150 years. Villagenut I didn't even think about the kitties. It's safe in my built in china cabinet.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent !
Thanks etrac!

Called my bottle collector friend and he said that the amber beer is pre hutch and called a blob beer. I'll be meeting with him tomorrow so he can tumble the cobalt bottle for me. Can't wait to see it cleaned up. I'll post pics after it's all clean.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet blob top! Closest I ever got to a colored blob was 80% of a teal Elliot and Ledlie that unfortunately cracked when turning it into a drinking glass 😖

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions