What's new

Yesterday & today

exnatomp

Full Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Yesterday & today

Yesterday I picked up a box of nickels and $28 in handrolled cents. From the cents I found eight wheats, a dime, a '52 Canadian King George VI penny, and an additional 14 extra pennies. The oldest wheat is a '23. I got through the box of nickels this morning and found an 1867-1967 Canadian Rabbit Five cent piece, a UK 20 pence coin, a '51-D, and a '36 Buffalo nickel. This is my first Buff of the year and the first one I've found with a legible date in a long time.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0366_1_1.webp
    IMG_0366_1_1.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0367_1_1.webp
    IMG_0367_1_1.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0368_1_1.webp
    IMG_0368_1_1.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0
Re: Yesterday & today

06colorado said:
nice finds, what are the extra pennies?
Well, as I said earlier I bought $28 in pennies from the bank. After going through those 56 rolls I ended up with 2824 ($28.24) coins in all. So the extra 14 pennies are what's left after taking the 8 wheats, 1 dime, & 1 Canadian cent from the 24 extra coins. I probably could have explain this better in my earlier note.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom