Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's Digs - handfull of buttons & a crotal bell

Debated whether to even post these meager finds, but since I don't expect to be out again for a while....what the heck! Got out yesterday to a field that I had hit about 5 times previously. The earlier trips have yielded 8 coppers, a 1784 half real, 3 oval cufflinks, about a dozen assorted buttons, and some other assorted relics dating from the 1790s to the 1860s. I still think there is an early US silver or another Spanish silver hiding in this field, but any future searches will have to wait since they just planted it with beans.

Yesterday's hunt yielded a crotal bell, a musketball, a keg spigot cover (the item with the double slotted keyhole in the top), and seven buttons, one of which is a nice 1830s one piece flower button that will display well in the case.

Attachments

• 6-2-13 Dirty.jpg
    6-2-13 Dirty.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Flower Button dirty.jpg
    Flower Button dirty.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 6-2-13 Clean.jpg
    6-2-13 Clean.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Flower Button.jpg
    Flower Button.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 6-2-13 Buttons.jpg
    6-2-13 Buttons.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 93
  • Backmarks.jpg
    Backmarks.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 1
Yup, I'd be happy with that. Love the bell.
ZDD

Not a big day for you Steve but 99% of the diggers on Tnet would be tickled to death with your finds AND especially for this time of year. Like the flower button. WTG Bud, Q.

that bell is awesome!, im diggin the buttons u found too:icon_thumleft:

Looks like your season's about over too Steve. But you did good at a site you've already hit hard. Guess you'll have to wait on your silver until the fall.

Looks like your season's about over too Steve. But you did good at a site you've already hit hard. Guess you'll have to wait on your silver until the fall.

Hopefully I will have some silver success in the fall Bill. Last year I dug 9 Spanish plus an 1803 dime and an 1830 half dime. With the exception of two half reals, all those coins were dug from September through the end of the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back