What's new

yesterdays finds ....todays questions

jopher

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
1,691
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Went back to the sidewalk tear-up I had checked earlier this week.there had been another seection removed but new concrete had already been poured in its place.It looked as though some of the original ground from around the old walk had been used to fill in around the new so I grabbed my detector and started swinging.Over the course of about an hour I covered the 30ft strip, both sides and recovered quite a bit of neat,worthless stuff.Right off I found an old bridle rosette.Then something that I thought was the back from an old pocket watch.Found several coins including two wheats and a 52 canadian,a deer brooch ,plated money clip with a solid copper mini 100 dollar bill,part of a 410 shotshell,an older childs ring, A Fisher Body tag and a thing that looks like a dish strainer but I think may be a part from an old phonograph reproducer.The questions I have are.....The ring has a saddle on each side ,is plated over copper and missing the centerpiece.Does this look like it may have been some type of character ring??(Tom Mix...Roy Rogers)........The Canadian nickle is a 1974.It came out of the ground looking shiney and new....and gold in color???...Any info on that one?? next is the piece I thought was the watch back.It is brass with decorative floral design but it is filled with lead????Any ideas??..One more ..The shotshell casing is a Western UMC 410 and has a decorative knurl design around it.Ive never seen one like this.Any info on date or other ????Thanks alot for looking....Heres the picks...And H.H....Joe
 

Attachments

  • PICT0060.webp
    PICT0060.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 398
  • PICT0061.webp
    PICT0061.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0
Nice finds! Out of my territory on the IDs, LOL! HH, Mike
 
Sorry Jopher,can't help you with your Q.,but some really nice find's.Are you sure the "strainer" thing isn't a side plate to an old fly reel of some sort?Just wondering and good luck.HH!!
 
civilman1 said:
Sorry Jopher,can't help you with your Q.,but some really nice find's.Are you sure the "strainer" thing isn't a side plate to an old fly reel of some sort?Just wondering and good luck.HH!!
Totally possible CV.My guess was just a guess.
 
JOP, Just A Guess, But The Round Lead Filled Thing May Be Pendulum Weight From An Old Clock. trk5capt...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom