Yesterdays Something?

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I got out for a few hours yesterday. He is 8 years old and wants to go detecting everyday, no matter the weather, work, homework or high water. We were detecting an old field that had a little civil war movement back in the day. We dug a five gallon bucket full of cans and iron but we did find a few interesting things. My son dug the button with his ATPRO from about 9 or 10 inches deep. It was giving a weak, broken jumpy positive VDI in the ground but cleaned up to a flat 60 after the plug was turned over. I found the (other thing) using my V3I. I'm really not sure what to call it. It looks like a lot of small wire circles that were all put together to form a pattern, some of them are welded an others the welds have been broken. The tone has a low broken tone like a jumpy nickel 15 to 28 but like the other target it settled into a VDI 23. I'm not sure if its part of jewelry or something else. Also the button does have writing on it but I didn't clean it to much, if you look close you can see letters around the outer edge.... Does any one have a date range on the button?

Thanks for looking.

Field (3a).jpg

Field (4c).jpg

Field (3b).jpg

Field (1a).jpg

Field (2b).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread