Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We went yesterday afternoon to a property we noticed was getting ready to be torn down and had called Saturday to get permission. I started in the front of the yard and the mister took the back that was more overgrown and weedy. About an hour into it we traded spots,he in the front and I in the back.It was hard to swing my Minelab and get good contact with the ground because of the high grass and weeds. First good signal turned out to be a US Eagle button which I was thrilled with(even though it was crushed on the front a bit)and had to go brag to my husband and then a few minutes later I got a sweet but deep sounding target. I thought as I saw a gleam that it was just another piece of flashing. I had been finding all afternoon until a beautiful Merc just fell into my waiting hand. I was soooo excited,been waiting for this moment a long time.She is pretty well worn,a 1916,the first year they were minted. Here she is as well as some other finds from this weekend, a little buckle, a flattened pistol ball,the button,a Spencer bullet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 22
Way to go! Congrats!

(I wonder how long before somebody asks for a finely detailed, microscopic closeup of the reverse's pillar. ;) LOL )

AWESOME, COILY! So happy for you! What a great feeling!

Now, they come easier!!!!!!

hope has a d mint mark can't tell may be worn off

Thanks guys and yes Xr7, I've got the fever! Murrell no mint mark unfortunately and in reading,I found out what the D mint mark would bring,not that I would sell it.

AWESOME !!! :skullflag: Yep the 1916 D is a coin worth a few G's in VF shape ... Still a NICE Find !!!

Way to go! Congrats!

(I wonder how long before somebody asks for a finely detailed, microscopic closeup of the reverse's pillar. ;) LOL )

WHADIFIND that's as good as she gets,the coin is very worn.

WHADIFIND that's as good as she gets,the coin is very worn.

Oh! Believe me, I know! LOL But, that won't stop the requests. Everyone wants to be in on the discovery of that coin. Even if by proxy. LOL

Not me, (except own my own ;) )

I'll wait til I find an 1856 flying eagle cent. :)

Congrats again!

Congrats on your first silver.

There is nothing like finding that first silver. I am sure it won't be your last. Happy for you girl!

Congrats to you, CG. Was the mister all over your area after you got the silver?

That's quite a way to open the silver floodgates ! A first year of issue and one which many consider to be the prettiest American silver
coin (along with the Walking Liberty half ) I'm happy for you CoilyGirl !!

Last edited:
Very cool ! :thumbsup: I think I see a D on the back... :tongue3:
Haha Bandit, I thought I saw a D too after getting x-Ray goggles.:tongue3: Old Dude,my hubby was still reticent about detecting in all those weeds,the bugs think he is so sweet. Thanks for all the nice comments friends.

Well stop the presses and declare it a holiday! That will be a day you will not forget. Congrats to you CoilyGirl!!!

That is so cool, I'm so happy for you,
Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back