What's new

You know, this is going to be fun!

LLanos

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
42
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Compass Liberty 100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First time out. It is quite muddy around here, but I hunted for two hours today. First time. I found 77 cents in change. Two of the pennies were wheats, and one of the dimes was a silver Rosie. I knew I was going to like this hobby. Yes I know, 77 cents is not a fortune, but it does give promise of things to come.
 
Thank you Wayne. I appreciate it. Nice Sportster!
 
You did better than me on my first few times out, took me a while to find silver :laughing7:

Well, either way; your motto, or your story is for the Byrds :tongue3:
 
Llanos , Oh , how right you are ! You are in for a lifetime of fun and unexpected finds ,
some valuable , most not - but the value of the time spent outdoors in different areas ,finding
God only knows what - what is that worth ??? Argentium.
 
LLanos said:
First time out. It is quite muddy around here, but I hunted for two hours today. First time. I found 77 cents in change. Two of the pennies were wheats, and one of the dimes was a silver Rosie. I knew I was going to like this hobby. Yes I know, 77 cents is not a fortune, but it does give promise of things to come.

That clad adds up... I usually find between $200+ dollars in clad coins.... I know of others that find way more than that! save your brass lead and copper it adds up too!

Chukers
 
Yep Yer Hooked, Welcome
 
Well, either way; your motto, or your story is for the Byrds :tongue3:
[/quote]

That is exactly where that came from. It has always stuck with me and now that I am a "old retired person" in my second childhood, it fits.
 
Great for a first time out! Hope things have calmed down on the llano estacado. Down there last summer and wildfires chased us all the way back to Colorado.
 
RGINN said:
Great for a first time out! Hope things have calmed down on the llano estacado. Down there last summer and wildfires chased us all the way back to Colorado.


No big fires this year. Believe it or not, we've had about 2" of moisture already for this year. I had less than 7" for the whole of last year.

Kudos for knowing about my user name. For people not in the know, I live on the Llano Estacado. (Staked Plains) When Coronado came thru here in the 1500's, the lack of natural landmarks freaked them out. They drove large spears into the ground with flags on them to mark their way back. Forgive me, I'm a history buff.

Bob

P.S. If anyone is trying to pronounce Llanos, in Spanish a double L is pronounced as a Y.
 
LLanos said:
First time out. It is quite muddy around here, but I hunted for two hours today. First time. I found 77 cents in change. Two of the pennies were wheats, and one of the dimes was a silver Rosie. I knew I was going to like this hobby. Yes I know, 77 cents is not a fortune, but it does give promise of things to come.
Anytime you find silver is a great day!
 
all right fisher. :blob7:
 
LLanos said:
Well, either way; your motto, or your story is for the Byrds :tongue3:

That is exactly where that came from. It has always stuck with me and now that I am a "old retired person" in my second childhood, it fits.
[/quote]

Not quite 40 yet but I thought your motto came from an Animals song. Unless they redid it. :icon_scratch:

.....when I was young.

Hey, you're off to a good start. Keep it up! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom