You may want to take a look and help me

NJseba

Mar 30, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOLVED

Found these at a late 1800s/early 1900s house site. I am questioning these objects functions, engravings, and type of metal. Thank you. IMG_0038.jpg IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0036.jpg IMG_0035.jpg IMG_0034.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NJseba

Mar 30, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I am a new memeber, so I am sorry if I am asking about stupid objects. But I really cant figure it out. please !!!

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome to the forums. I think your items are picture hangers probably brass and date to the house site age. They would have hung on a wood rail around the perimeter of a room and pictures would hang from cords looped over them. Am I clear as mud? Google picture rail hangers and you will see what I am talking about.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

NJseba

Mar 30, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're damn good my friend. Thank you. Maybe it is my inexperience? Because I don't know what gave you the idea that they are picture hangers.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard NJseba! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_metal_detector.gif
I believe fyrffytr1 is absolutely right! So, I searched Google and found similar configurations like Art-Nouveau Picture Rail Hook in Antique-By-Hand...
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're damn good my friend. Thank you. Maybe it is my inexperience? Because I don't know what gave you the idea that they are picture hangers.

Many have been posted here in the past. Plus, I am old enough to remember them in my grand parents homes!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread