you will like this one

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a friend that has three of these found by him in the late '60's and early '70's in the Ellensburg/Yakima area. This fellow has a collection of "stuff' that he pulls out of boxes or random shelves from time to time. You all know one like this, the guy that has forgotten more than we know. Not only does he have amazing things, his talent as an artist is amazing. Anyway, enjoy...Quilomene Bar projectile point, 2,500 year range.

20240210_155735.jpg

Upvote 21

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. I do like it. I've never seen anything like it made with such an eye appealing material.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
the fellow I know who has it makes a lot of jewelry using it, he says that to polish this stuff is WAY harder than it seems it should be.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
nice work do you know the artist?

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
This is a Folsom I made from green opal from WA. A geologist friend found a small deposit of it while taking a tour of a modern basalt quarry somewhere in WA. The PNW has amazing chippable material from volcanic activity. View attachment 2130796
indeed, PNW is unmatched for the quality and variety of lithic materials.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I have a friend that has three of these found by him in the late '60's and early '70's in the Ellensburg/Yakima area. This fellow has a collection of "stuff' that he pulls out of boxes or random shelves from time to time. You all know one like this, the guy that has forgotten more than we know. Not only does he have amazing things, his talent as an artist is amazing. Anyway, enjoy...Quilomene Bar projectile point, 2,500 year range.

View attachment 2130755
What’s the size of it? We don’t have any colors like that here. Not a blue like that

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
it is about in inch and a half. I assume it to be an atlatl point as that is the right time frame for the style. The stone is called Ellensburg Blue and it is found nowhere else. As a gem stone it goes (gem quality) for... well let me put it this way.... I have seen a 2 inch cube "gem quality" piece sell for over 20k. This stuff can be transparent blue down to cloudy gray in color. It is dam hard to find anymore, long since picked over in a really small area of occurrence. I know the guy has turned down 10K for this point. And who can blame him? He doesn't need the money and he will never find another!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread