Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feb has been twice as good to me as Jan was, averaging 80-90 sales a week right now. Last year Jan was great and Feb was slow, opposite this year.
Sold a fair amount of high $ items I got for 99cents/pound at the outlet. Burberry, Armani, and other good names.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

:hello2: That is incredible! I've had a pretty good week, but nothing like that! :thumbsup:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well done guys! Watch my listings for some cast Iron pans are going on, more dukes stuff and some more truck parts. I'm getting motivated again!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Feb has been twice as good to me as Jan was, averaging 80-90 sales a week right now. Last year Jan was great and Feb was slow, opposite this year.
Sold a fair amount of high $ items I got for 99cents/pound at the outlet. Burberry, Armani, and other good names.

Sounds good. Have you been able to completely replace the income from the job you resigned from?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Listed 27 items today. I bought over 300 Folio Society books at the end of an estate sale last week on top of whats been a pretty good month of finding new inventory. ...... Pretty sure the Folio Society books will be a decent money maker although it might take all year to sell them. Easy to list with sell similar and not hard to pack. Each book should have a profit of 3-20 times my investment.

Update. Less than a month has gone by since I bought the Folio Society books. I've sold enough to get my initial investment back. Still too many books scattered throughout the house to get an exact count but pretty sure I've sold between 15-20% of them. I've got around 35% that haven't been listed. It's looking like these will pay off quicker than I thought.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I listed five auctions this morning!! Woo hoo! More to come!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd be lucky to get 80-90 listings posted in a month, much less sell that amount in a week. How long have you been going full time on ebay? Is it all you expected or hoped it would be compared to whatever you did previousl?

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feb has been great... 222 Sales so far. Up to 620 listing too.
Obvious statement of course, but profit is directly related to how much I work. When trapping and hunting, I did less work and saw less $ come through. With doing nothing in Feb, having a constant flow of new listings has made the best month yet.

Amount of work wise, it is about the same. I probably only work 4-8 hours a day, but I work 7 days a week (usually just an hour or two on the weekends, but it adds up). However, being on my own schedule, I'd rather work more hours doing this than in a cubicle. lol

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Feb has been great... 222 Sales so far. Up to 620 listing too.
Obvious statement of course, but profit is directly related to how much I work. When trapping and hunting, I did less work and saw less $ come through. With doing nothing in Feb, having a constant flow of new listings has made the best month yet.

Amount of work wise, it is about the same. I probably only work 4-8 hours a day, but I work 7 days a week (usually just an hour or two on the weekends, but it adds up). However, being on my own schedule, I'd rather work more hours doing this than in a cubicle. lol

Glad to hear your doing good Justin!

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

February has been my best month ever, too. Yes, I have had more listed but I'm doing better than December, and that was my best month to date.

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found the answer to selling. Pay Attention to when the holidays are and put your Store on sale. I marked down most of my listings 25% off. Which most of the things I just want to get rid of any ways. I've sold 35 things by it now or best offer since Friday! 35!!!!

A lot of items I just listed this weekend also like another 7. I've also sold already. Crazy! I don't remember the last time I've had a weekend like this. Maybe that big old snowstorm up north is making people shop more as well?

1 more just sold. Which is good. I need to pay back my account for this :

View attachment 1273145

Nice! I used the proceeds from a moderately high-end watch sale to buy this:

IMAG4327.jpg

My Coin and Jewelry shop set it aside for me when it came in a collection that they parted out. Good guys!

I'm going to start the hunt for a $10 sometime this year. Gotta keep listing....

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've listed enough this month that I have gone past the number allowed for my store. That means I'm paying for listings. Only other choices are to get the next level of store or stop listing. The next store level is too big of a jump in price to be worth it...& if I don't list it doesn't sell. Have sold almost 70 this month & have 250+ listed.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sold two over the weekend!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Listed four this morning so far

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Haven't listed anything this month & have only sold 4 items. Got a message from some clown yesterday about a listing I had for 2 matching bowls. They wanted to know if I'd sell them 1 for less than half the price. I've had them sitting around for a while & am ready to get rid of them. Unfortunately they are heavy & shipping would be too high to make it economical to sell just one. In fact, shipping them separately would cost 75% of the original sale price after fees. I explained about the shipping & offered them the pair for a greatly reduced price that would cover shipping, fees, & a small profit. This clown sends another email saying they really need one to complete their collection & would I sell a single anyway. What kind of idiot thinks someone will sell them something for the cost of shipping???

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Haven't listed anything this month & have only sold 4 items. Got a message from some clown yesterday about a listing I had for 2 matching bowls. They wanted to know if I'd sell them 1 for less than half the price. I've had them sitting around for a while & am ready to get rid of them. Unfortunately they are heavy & shipping would be too high to make it economical to sell just one. In fact, shipping them separately would cost 75% of the original sale price after fees. I explained about the shipping & offered them the pair for a greatly reduced price that would cover shipping, fees, & a small profit. This clown sends another email saying they really need one to complete their collection & would I sell a single anyway. What kind of idiot thinks someone will sell them something for the cost of shipping???

Yeah, some buyers who have never sold just don't get it.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold 23 this weekend. Didn't list any, but did plenty during the week.
66 total for the month so far.

Diesel- I think the dog pic adds to it, made me laugh a bit. I know some people ask for pet free homes (like smoke free) but in this case, you are directly saying it is due to the dog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread