Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ghost is back to check in!
Closing in on 4 months, which was my trial run. Gross was a little less than goal, but net was right at it, which is what matters. Getting stuff from by-the-pound GW stores helped that. Slow day today with only 5 sales, butit all averages out with those 20 sale single days.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

It's good to hear from you as well Justin! Glad to see you are still doing well. :thumbsup:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
The ghost is back to check in!
Closing in on 4 months, which was my trial run. Gross was a little less than goal, but net was right at it, which is what matters. Getting stuff from by-the-pound GW stores helped that. Slow day today with only 5 sales, butit all averages out with those 20 sale single days.

Happy to hear you are doing well. No by the pound stores within 100 miles of here.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Listed 27 items today. I bought over 300 Folio Society books at the end of an estate sale last week on top of whats been a pretty good month of finding new inventory. I've gone from 109 listings to 211 in the last 3 weeks even though I sold 40+ items & have been working on building an island/bar between the kitchen & living room. Pretty sure the Folio Society books will be a decent money maker although it might take all year to sell them. Easy to list with sell similar and not hard to pack. Each book should have a profit of 3-20 times my investment.

I also picked up somewhere between 3-400 hardback novels that have never been read. The few I've looked up seem to be decent sellers on Amazon. When I have the time I'm going to look into opening a FBA account. I'm hopeful that will add to the bottom line without taking up too much time.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 Sales today so far. Hopefully more overnight!
Only listed 20 items. Spentmost of the day cleaning the ebay room (which has grown massively these last few months)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't checked in for a while, so here goes... Been out of work (kinda sort of) since before Christmas so I'm taking advantage of trying to list some things on eBay, while I still have the chance. I have 51 active at the moment. I've sold 10 items since last night, 3 auction items and 7 BIN's, took a best offer on 3 of those. I'm trying to move this inventory so I'm not holding out for top dollar, I'm pricing them at the low end of previous completed listings for the most part. Haven't tried reorganizing anything yet, actually my house is cluttered from me pulling stuff out everywhere. I'm looking a 5 boxes sitting next to my computer here, lol.

I tried re-organizing last night. It turned into a night of hell. My wife agreed that I could take the bed out of the room im working because it's a pain being in there. We put it in my daughters room and she decided after She did all that she did not like it. So we tried moving it into my sons room and moving out the extra bed in his room to my daughters room. To make a long story short she decided she did not like it all and wanted it all put back the way it was. I got pissed off and I threw this junkie clarinet out of my room. Then moving the queen size bed back in my room that's in the way that I can't stand being there I stepped on the dang clarinet sliced my foot wide open. Have an appointment today to go to the doctor and get a tetanus shot and I don't know if I need stitches but I'm not going to do it. It will grow back!! Was a bad night!

Meanwhile today I listed 7 things.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw that sucks BK. They probably won't try and make you get stitches since its been so long since you cut yourself, and I know that I dig through enough gnarly stuff to really mind the occasional tetanus booster, maybe that's just me lol.

alex141

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
-o-
Primary Interest:
Other
anyone know the best place to sell large amounts of gold?

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're talking about scrap gold sales, I've had good luck dealing with Midwest Refineries. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just feel the process is easy and their payouts are fair. I had a check from them within a week or so. Maybe someone else will chime in to either second my vote or tell me I'm nuts. :)

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used ARA in the past. 98% of spot. There's a charge if you have them wire the money but I don't think it was more than $25 and you get it like two days later. Or you can get a check in the mail it takes about a week.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Had a little free time this morning so I listed 4 more books. With sell similar I can take pictures & list between 6-12 in an hour. Sold one before I finished listing the last.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had more than 200 listings at a time. After reading Justin's post on having 500 and selling 10 to 20 items a weekend I decided to list as many as I could. So far I have 311 listings. But I seem to average 10 to 15 sales in a week or more., Seems like 5 to 7 sales a night. I just keep trucking trying to get to that 500 mark. Not that I want stuff to stop selling, I love it!! But it's a mission trying to get the 500!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold 37 items since my last visit a couple weeks ago. I only have 35 listed at the moment, but I have 10-15 listings almost ready to go. Have a small job to do the next few days so I'll wait till that's done and start listing again. I started selling the circus photos last week from this thread- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garage-sale-finds/481125-ringling-brothers-photos-1940-s.html

Made my money back 15 times over on 8 photos and a Clyde Beatty menu. Have a lady that wants to keep the collection together (had mixed feelings myself about breaking it up) so hopefully I can work out a deal of some sort with her. We'll see. I was planning on listing the scrapbook pages together anyway. They are the ooak's and I believe the demand for those should be pretty good.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 10 today. Put all my not valuable stuff on sale, so far sold 72 items this month. Mostly $10-35 items but that is the target goal for me. The large ticket items seem to sit forever months and months at a time. And anything under that's really not worth it unless it's a quick sell.

To be honest for some reason I love it when stuff sells for $18.99. Especially when it's something I paid $.25-$1 !!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey, I'm back! Lol I did actually list one item today! Woo hoo!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found the answer to selling. Pay Attention to when the holidays are and put your Store on sale. I marked down most of my listings 25% off. Which most of the things I just want to get rid of any ways. I've sold 35 things by it now or best offer since Friday! 35!!!!

A lot of items I just listed this weekend also like another 7. I've also sold already. Crazy! I don't remember the last time I've had a weekend like this. Maybe that big old snowstorm up north is making people shop more as well?

1 more just sold. Which is good. I need to pay back my account for this :

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455513089.853637.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think I found the answer to selling. Pay Attention to when the holidays are and put your Store on sale. I marked down most of my listings 25% off. Which most of the things I just want to get rid of any ways. I've sold 35 things by it now or best offer since Friday! 35!!!!

A lot of items I just listed this weekend also like another 7. I've also sold already. Crazy! I don't remember the last time I've had a weekend like this. Maybe that big old snowstorm up north is making people shop more as well?

1 more just sold. Which is good. I need to pay back my account for this :

View attachment 1273145

Very cool. Was it mostly jewelry?

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ton of it. And a lot of miscellaneous random things too. Two sets of Bose speakers. And video games.

I listed 10 vintage snapback hats today. Of course I sell one for $35. And I get an email from somebody else telling me it was worth like 175 bucks. LOL what can you do I guess! All the other ones sold around $35-40 just like it. But if somebody else got a good deal then well, I guess that's how it goes. Selling that one paid for all the ones I bought.

Speaking of eBay I bought one of these last week. A zebra label printer thermal one. Customer support was pretty good he had to log onto my computer in order to get it to work but so far I enjoy it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455680926.662930.jpg

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feb has been twice as good to me as Jan was, averaging 80-90 sales a week right now. Last year Jan was great and Feb was slow, opposite this year.
Sold a fair amount of high $ items I got for 99cents/pound at the outlet. Burberry, Armani, and other good names.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions