Hey Beach Hunters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need the regular posters to step up and become charter members. This site cost a mere $.054 cents a day, that is 5 and 1/2 pennies a day....Even on my worst day of hunting I find more then that.....That is very little to pay to have access to the vast amount of knowledge that can either be read here, or available though some of the many knowledgeable TN members....

When you find something and you don't know what it is, or if it is old or real, where do you go to find out? You come here and ask. (old button, is this an artifact,
as example.)

If TN is sold there could and most likely will be major changes that will affect all of us, and the changes that come could be in very negative ways. There are other treasure websites, I have been to most of them, but none like TN in my personal opinion....

I personally thing Marc should move some of the features available to non Charter members to Charter membership. No post count available or visible till your a Charter member as example for starters.........It can continue to count as posts are made, just not visible till your a Charter member.

Make the cost of Charter Membership $2.50 a month or $20.00 a year, payable through Paypal or Credit Card...............

Not trying to step on anyone toes here, I just don't want to see major changes in the best Treasure Website on the net is all............

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back on track, TN needs more members to become Charter Members. The search feature alone makes it worth the cost. You can put the name of a city, item, or detector in the search engine and pull up every single post for it on TN...............

Want to know the best beach to hunt near Orlando, Jacksonville, or San Francisco, put the city's name and words beach hunting and you will find every post made with that cities name and beach hunting.

Want to know about a certain coil, put the coils name in the search and you will get every post made on TN about that coil.

Help keep and support TN with your Charter Membership....... :icon_thumright:

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, maybe this should be posted in other forums as well. What do you think. Are you misisng some members due to it being in Beach & Shallow Water?

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
Treasure_Hunter said:
Back on track, TN needs more members to become Charter Members. The search feature alone makes it worth the cost. You can put the name of a city, item, or detector in the search engine and pull up every single post for it on TN...............

Want to know the best beach to hunt near Orlando, Jacksonville, or San Francisco, put the city's name and words beach hunting and you will find every post made with that cities name and beach hunting.

Want to know about a certain coil, put the coils name in the search and you will get every post made on TN about that coil.

Help keep and support TN with your Charter Membership....... :icon_thumright:

ok but to as my questions?
i feel like if this is circleing the drain why flush a bunch of money with it? why is it in danger why hasnt the owner posted in this thread?
what exactly will it take to save the forum
we need money is sorta vague

scubadave

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2007
Cincinnati-Ky/TN-Keys
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA1250, Garrett XL500
I thought about becoming a CM, but now that you have this post I am confused. What is the future of this site? I have my own website and it is not that expensive to operate. With CM dues and advertisement income, this site should pay for itself. What is going on....

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As a cm I have to say this is the best $20.00 I ever spent. Keep this site up. Where do I send a donation ?

Teklord

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teklord said:
As a cm I have to say this is the best $20.00 I ever spent. Keep this site up. Where do I send a donation ?

Teklord

Tek, click on the settings link to the right of profile at top of this page, then click on Charter Membship link, from there you can pay via Paypal. If you don't have Paypal and don't want to get it, contact me via IM, you can send me a MO with delivery confirmation, and I will use My Paypal to sign you up.

Thanks for the support of TN..................

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scubadave said:
I thought about becoming a CM, but now that you have this post I am confused. What is the future of this site? I have my own website and it is not that expensive to operate. With CM dues and advertisement income, this site should pay for itself. What is going on....

The value of the search feature that comes with charter Membership is worth the cost alone whe you need to find information about something. You can search years of posts to find the info you need.

I run gaming servers and a website myself. A simple website is easy, this one would not be. It has 10,053 page views a day on average currently, and currently averages over 1700 different vistors a day. The drive is to get more Charter Members, there are over 37212 members and only about 600 Charter Members currently, and memberships expire at different dates.

There are no other treasure websites yes, but not like TN.....There are features available here that are not on the other websites. The site does not run itself, it takes servers, software programing, monitoring, search engines. There is a reason TreasureNet comes up at the top of Google when you type in Treasures and do a search, and that costs money as well. Marc has spent over 14 years building TN, he has earned the right to enjoy it.

I signed up for Charter Membership over 3 years ago just 3 weeks after I joined because I felt it was right to support a site that has so much to offer, I didn't feel it was right to take advantage of all it has to offer for nothing.

What is $.05 1/2 cents a day to help support the best Treasure Website on the net..................

This thread is to get new Charter Members..................

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
beachboy said:
That sound great, yet I do not have payp and I do not have a credit card...I know that sounds strange...
Is there anyway I can pay using a money order...or something else...I would love to support this sight...It has been great..But would like another pay option..Thanks

You can get a PREPAID VISA card at any Walmart, gas station store, or convienience store. Then use it to buy a membership. Just put your name, and the card number, etc.. Or,, they have at Walmart this GREEN DOT card that you put cash on, then put the cash from your green dot card into your paypal accnt. You can open a paypal accnt for free.

skt

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaTreasureFinder said:
beachboy said:
That sound great, yet I do not have payp and I do not have a credit card...I know that sounds strange...
Is there anyway I can pay using a money order...or something else...I would love to support this sight...It has been great..But would like another pay option..Thanks

You can get a PREPAID VISA card at any Walmart, gas station store, or convienience store. Then use it to buy a membership. Just put your name, and the card number, etc.. Or,, they have at Walmart this GREEN DOT card that you put cash on, then put the cash from your green dot card into your paypal accnt. You can open a paypal accnt for free.

skt

Beachboy is sending me a MO and I am going to order it for him using my paypal. The only way to get CM is through paypal at this time...

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
miamidave said:
I dont post alot on here but read alot Ive learned alot and dont have a problem with pitching in.
heres the problem I do have though(no its not the rude folks as Im quite grumpy myself :tongue3:)
marcs apparently talking to the folks who already have paid when he should be talking to the rest of us I have several questions here are a few
#1Why is the site in danger of being sold
#2will some cash solve this problem or just delay it?
#3how did this happen to begin with Lack of sponsorship? lack of moderators and other volunteer staff ect. ect.
#4 has any one looked into fundraisers? (auctions of donated finds, equip ect.) or a seeded hunt? Or?
please address these questions

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
thank you for taking the time sir! bog

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bucket,

I address those questions directly to miamidave when he emailed me about them, I thought I answered them, but between posts, emails, IM's and honeydos I was busy this afternoon and miss it.

Marc has spent the last 14 years building TN with his own money, time, sweat, energy, and possibly tears. He has not only built the first treasure website on the net, he has built the best treasure website on the net, and the most valuable treasure website based on a site that tracks the value of websites. The next closest website is worth one third of TN based on the website that tracks it.

Per one of Marcs posts on the Charter Member Board which you have to be a CM to read MARC left a small opening to remaining in a capacity if it was possible. Site is for sale, has been for sale for quite awhile, but site has not been sold. Additional Charter Memberships would help the site, which in turn takes some of the pressure off of Marc to sale, and could even change the future, who knows.

Marc made a post on NOV 17 on the Charter Membership board on a way to try to generate more Charter memberships. I will not post Marc post from that board as it was addressed to Charter Members except to say it was another way to try to generate more Charter Members.

Another Charter Member suggested we try to do a membership drive on the respective boards we frequent most, I post most often on the Beach forum so I made the post here........It was not meant to cause any problems, it is simply a drive to recruit members who would be willing to help treasure Net by becoming a Charter Member.

When you are a Charter member you have access to stats you do not have as a regular member. There are 10's of thousands regular members, but only apporox 2 % are charter Members. If you cut the total number of members in half, that would still only be 4% that are active Charter Members.

I personally don't see the problem in donating to help TN, I have spent countless hours here, it was through members here that I learned what I learned about detecting and especially water hunting. I would not have got the help I got in one single place except here. I would have got some help elsewhere, but not the quantity or quality I got here.

If you have a question on how to do something, what to do to fix a problem, how good or bad a certain detector is, what a certain find is, how old something is, all you have to do to find the answer is go To TreasureNet and search or ask. That to me is worth a lot, and it is worth supporting this site for that reason. The ability to search every post for an answer to a question is worth the price alone.

I was tempted to lock this thread since I started it and there is that option on my screen, and just make another thread and ask Jeff to lock it and not allow replies with a request for Charter Members and the way to become one as some did not know.....

All I was trying to do was help Treasurenet and in the process help Marc..........................

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
This site has been a tremendous wealth of info mation for myself.As i show i reside on an island on the southern tip of America,and all the info that comes to me on daily posts makes me wish i could be everywhere and not here because of the great times you all are having!! It is really slim pickings down this way,no real beaches,no surf to speak of,the ground is mushy clay like and the rules really stink..we have one main road and you can see up to 8 differant law agencies on any giving day,with that said i"m just an average Joe,i know i can still enjoy myself and enjoy what i do. And i enjoy boating ,fishing,speardiving,birdwatching,watching sunsets ,did i mention trolling,i don't have alot to post ,but i enjoy what i do here and what i read seems like a great place to be,i also get a tear in my eye on some of the posts...don't get me started,with that said I would like to be a charter member,not a 6 pack boat charter,but a guy who just wants to support something that seems OK. p.s. i'm dumping the cobra.....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos To Treasure Hunter. Small price to pay and being a charter member has its benefits. I enjoy the Live feature. I am not sure if its available to non members?? :icon_scratch: Shows the post as they happen and its a fun way to spend some time in diffrent areas. I would have thought that Marc might have picked up on this discussion first in the Charter member area ?
It is a great site for penneys a day. I have made good friends and learned a lot.
I say join when you can afford it. A pay pal account is very easy to set up.
Right Marc??? :dontknow:
Happy huntin Guys
TnMountains

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks TH I did not notice that my CM had lapsed. Just signed up again. The search feature has led to much needed information, and to some good finds as well.

Tek

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site is one of the best forums I have had the pleasure to post with. The last time I got off my meds and left in a huff, closed my account and used other forums where my help and two cents might be needed. One thing the other posts had were people that would always post such things as, "I heard that was a good detector." Posts just to run up the count without offering any useful information.

I think it would benefit TNet to do away with the count displayed till you became a Charter Member. Many sites you have to register first before you can post or view. This could also be an option. Sorta a pay as you go thingy. :laughing7:

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Treasure Hunter - you make a convincing arguement. I have to admit I have spent hours reviewing the various areas of this website and taken away a wealth of information. Signing up today.

Happy Holidays

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JAN2011 said:
Treasure Hunter - you make a convincing arguement. I have to admit I have spent hours reviewing the various areas of this website and taken away a wealth of information. Signing up today.

Happy Holidays

Thank you for the complement and for your support of TN.... Let me be the first to welcome you...... :icon_thumright:

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to add to the charter club as soon as an extra 20 comes around. This is a good site. I belong to a fishing forum that had about 30k members. Well they could no longer afford the site fees and were forced to degrade to a lower quality site. It is almost black and white, slow, and not many features.
See you soon as a charter member.
Tim.

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
would it be to late to do this after christmas? I have no problem doing it........I love this site!....even though I don't post much, I read alot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions