Hey Beach Hunters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need the regular posters to step up and become charter members. This site cost a mere $.054 cents a day, that is 5 and 1/2 pennies a day....Even on my worst day of hunting I find more then that.....That is very little to pay to have access to the vast amount of knowledge that can either be read here, or available though some of the many knowledgeable TN members....

When you find something and you don't know what it is, or if it is old or real, where do you go to find out? You come here and ask. (old button, is this an artifact,
as example.)

If TN is sold there could and most likely will be major changes that will affect all of us, and the changes that come could be in very negative ways. There are other treasure websites, I have been to most of them, but none like TN in my personal opinion....

I personally thing Marc should move some of the features available to non Charter members to Charter membership. No post count available or visible till your a Charter member as example for starters.........It can continue to count as posts are made, just not visible till your a Charter member.

Make the cost of Charter Membership $2.50 a month or $20.00 a year, payable through Paypal or Credit Card...............

Not trying to step on anyone toes here, I just don't want to see major changes in the best Treasure Website on the net is all............

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am putting money in Paypal tomorrow. I will join as soon as it clears. Well worth it, Thanks for making my day enjoyable, when I'm not detecting, I'm here...Rich.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
gallileo60 said:
Can you join without pay pal???? Sorry if this has been answered already..... Thanks, Tom

Tom,

If you send me a Money Order for $20 with your name and your username ( no password ) and use delivery confirmation (to protect both of us), I will sign you up using my paypal. :icon_thumright:

It will be done...What is the reason for no Checks, or Money orders???? Thanks alot for the offer...I want to help the site..Would hate to lose it.Tom

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gallileo60 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
gallileo60 said:
Can you join without pay pal???? Sorry if this has been answered already..... Thanks, Tom

Tom,

If you send me a Money Order for $20 with your name and your username ( no password ) and use delivery confirmation (to protect both of us), I will sign you up using my paypal. :icon_thumright:

It will be done...What is the reason for no Checks, or Money orders???? Thanks alot for the offer...I want to help the site..Would hate to lose it.Tom

I imagine it is just paypal because it is just easier to do........I will be happy to do it for you, I have done it for a handfull already. Send me an IM telling me when you have mailed it and I will look for it, when I get it I will sign you up and then IM you backing letting you know I did it. Just be sure to include your user name ( not your account password )....

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I only found TreasureNet.com a week ago. Spent a couple of days reading a lot of the wonderful content posted here. Then I came across this thread. Felt it was only right to become a Charter Member before my first post. A real bargain, given what I had already learned!

For the past ten years I have made a living off the Internet and know first hand how much time and money it takes to build and maintain a good website. TreasureNet.com is a great website!

Currently, TreasureNet.com is in the top 15,000 web sites in the USA and is ranked in the top 75,000 sites in the world. This is phenomenal when you consider there are millions of web sites in the world. For a site catering to a niche hobby like metal dectecting and other forms of treasure hunting, its really incredible TreasureNet.com has such a high ranking.

Want some comparisons to companies we are all familiar with?

Hooters.com is ranked 21,000+ in USA.
FritoLay.com (The potato chip sold everywhere in USA) is ranked 30,000+ in USA.
PepsiCo.com is ranked 25,000+ in USA.
Coke.com is ranked 17,000+ in USA. (Yes, more people view TreasureNet.com than Coca Cola's home page!)
Minelab.com is ranked 29,000+ in USA.
WhitesElectronics.com is ranked 100,000+ in USA.

TreasureNet.com leads them all!

Source: Alexa.com - January 12, 2010

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
discovery_bound said:
Now officially Chartered!

DanFL1962 said:
I only found TreasureNet.com a week ago. Spent a couple of days reading a lot of the wonderful content posted here. Then I came across this thread. Felt it was only right to become a Charter Member before my first post. A real bargain, given what I had already learned!

For the past ten years I have made a living off the Internet and know first hand how much time and money it takes to build and maintain a good website. TreasureNet.com is a great website!

Currently, TreasureNet.com is in the top 15,000 web sites in the USA and is ranked in the top 75,000 sites in the world. This is phenomenal when you consider there are millions of web sites in the world. For a site catering to a niche hobby like metal dectecting and other forms of treasure hunting, its really incredible TreasureNet.com has such a high ranking.

Want some comparisons to companies we are all familiar with?

Hooters.com is ranked 21,000+ in USA.
FritoLay.com (The potato chip sold everywhere in USA) is ranked 30,000+ in USA.
PepsiCo.com is ranked 25,000+ in USA.
Coke.com is ranked 17,000+ in USA. (Yes, more people view TreasureNet.com than Coca Cola's home page!)
Minelab.com is ranked 29,000+ in USA.
WhitesElectronics.com is ranked 100,000+ in USA.

TreasureNet.com leads them all!

Source: Alexa.com - January 12, 2010

Welcome to TreasureNet and a big thanks to both of you for becoming Charter Members, and your help in supporting the best Treasure Website on the internet.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Charter Membership should be compulsory for those wanting to use T.Net :P i.e posting. If you do not want to become a Charter Member, then you should be restricted to viewing threads only, and not commenting or asking for advice on them.
There are a hell of a lot of knowledgeable people on here :headbang: who give out free advice everyday :notworthy: this advice alone is worth every penny of a Membership.
maintaining this site must be a logistical nightmare for Marc and I'm not supprised he wants to sell :'( we need to get behind him and support more, $ £ :thumbsup: I for one would be very sad if this site disappeared, I became a Charter Member as soon as I joined and have been ever since...so come on you none members dig deep and support the best Treasure Hunting website on the Planet :headbang: :headbang:

Silver Searcher.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Silver Searcher said:
I for one would be very sad if this site disappeared

Why would someone buy this domain...and then make it disappear? That doesn't make any sense at all. ???
I have not read anywere that someone is buying it :icon_scratch: If I am wrong great :hello2: I have nothing to worry about :)

SS

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Silver Searcher said:
SWR said:
Silver Searcher said:
I for one would be very sad if this site disappeared

Why would someone buy this domain...and then make it disappear? That doesn't make any sense at all. ???
I have not read anywere that someone is buying it :icon_scratch: If I am wrong great :hello2: I have nothing to worry about :)

SS

The domain is for sale, as noted elsewhere. TreasureNet is not in peril or jeopardy of disappearing
That's not what I read in the thread Sale of T.Net, in the Chartner Members only section, plenty of concern there.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
I can only repeat what Marc Austin has posted. Obviously, I am not privy to discussions in the Charter Member section. I can only imagine the same "sky is falling" gloom-and-doom would be the same as in this section.

This is not a "gloom-and-doom thread.......

When Marc was asked on the Charter Members board …… "Sale ??? Is this bad ???"

Marc’s reply was......."It could be bad - REAL BAD. I know one thing, MARC NEEDS A BREAK.... HE IS NOT FEELING WELL."

No one is saying treasureNet will fold, I have repeatedly said what the purpose of the Charter Membership drive is...

Treasure_Hunter said:
Purpose of the drive is two fold, if possible give Marc cause to possibly think twice about the sale, most of us would perfer Marc remains, but if TN is sold, new owners are more likely to at least listen to the suggestions of a thousand paying charter members... That is revenue coming in......It is a sign of support of TreasureNet...

This is still the purpose of the membership drive……

We are trying to get as many members as possible to step up and help show their support for the best treasure website on the net....Last year there was over 5000+ new topics each month, where can you find a magazine with 5000+ new topics every month for $1.66 a month? :dontknow:

We all want Marc to stay, we all hope he will stay, our hope is the increased memberships would give him second thoughts, but if he does end up selling down the road, the more Charter Members there are, the more likely any new owners are to listen to the suggestions of the charter Membership, we are hard cash revenue coming in....

Purpose of the drives IS STILL TO HELP SUPPORT THE BEST TREASURE WEBSITE ON THE NET :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
No one is saying treasureNet will fold, I have repeatedly said what the purpose of the Charter Membership drive is...

Yes...people are giving the illusion TreasureNet will fold, or disappear.

If you read each and everyone of my posts/replies...I am quoting the person I am responding to. Closer examination of those posts will show the grand illusion of TreasureNets demise (fold/disappear) unless these Charter Memberships are sold. :read2:

SWR quote me where a Charter Member has said TN is in danger of folding? :dontknow: I have reread the entire thread no one is saying that. I am not saying that, and I started this thread and I have stated on many occasions what the purpose of the membership drive is. Your quotes are only in response to people saying they would hate to see TN go away, they DID NOT say it was folding....

It seems you are the only one who keeps talking about it folding.......

I and other Charter Members will continue to seek new Charter Members and new ways to get Charter Members to help support TreasureNet.................

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR quote me where a Charter Member has said TN is in danger of folding? :dontknow: I have reread the entire thread no one is saying that.

Sure, here ya go:

Sandman said:
Coin Finder, good luck on finding more income and better health for your wife . Everyone is having trouble and Congress is making it more difficult with Obama's health care which are gonna cost us more $$$. :help:

Metal detecting is FREE. The use of the TNet forum is free for now, but the extra features cost us more. Servers cost money to run and aren't free. Without more sponsors the site can fold at any time and then we'd all go somewhere else where things aren't so nice.

Also...please note, I do not just talk about TreasureNet folding. I am responding to those who claim regular members need to purchase Charter Memberships OR the site will fold/disappear.

SWR, out of this entire thread all you post is Sandman talking about SPONSERS? :dontknow: Charter Members are not sponsors.....We have NOT said, nor have we claimed that regular members need to purchase Charter Memberships or the site will fold".

What Sandman said is true, the site does cost money, servers cost money, and require maintenance, there are already signs of stress on the server, as witnessed by several members and mentioned in another thread, the message the "server is busy, please try back later" has started appearing lately....

We have asked members to join to help support TreasureNet, and I have repeatedly said one of the reasons is that if there is a sale the new owners would be more incline to listen to a thousand Charter Members as they are a source of steady revenue coming in...... It isn't hard to understand that at all.

It is obvious you have no desire to be a Charter Member, that is your choice, Neither I nor anyone else is twisting yours or any one elses arm to join as Charter Members, we are asking people to join to help support TreasureNet because it is the best treasure site on the net and we want to keep it that way.

Why do people volunteer their time and send money to political candidates and or causes? They do it because they believe in the causes and want to support them or the candidate.

I believe in TreasureNet, I became a Charter Member 3 weeks after becoming a regular member because I realized what a wonderful site it is, and the vast amount of knowledge it has to offer, and I preferred to support TreasureNet by paying my own way to support this wonderful site...... I don't get any rewards for trying to recruit new members, I am doing it strictly to help support TreasureNet.

Once again the...........
Purpose of the drive is two fold, if possible give Marc cause to possibly think twice about the sale, most of us would perfer Marc remains, but if TN is sold, new owners are more likely to at least listen to the suggestions of a thousand paying charter members... That is revenue coming in......It is a sign of support of TreasureNet...

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Once again...I am responding to those who claim regular members need to purchase Charter Memberships OR the site will fold/disappear.

And once again it is YOU who is saying the site will fold, not the Charter Members...........

Members, If you feel TreasureNet is the best treasure web site on the net, show your support for what TreasureNet has to offer, and for what it has given to you by becoming a Charter Member.....Only $20.00 a year, which is only $.05 1/2 cents a day, $.38 1/2 cents a week, $1.666 a month.... :headbang:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Once again...I am responding to those who claim regular members need to purchase Charter Memberships OR the site will fold/disappear.

You are the one who needs to get over it, the only member you could find to quote out of this entire thread was Sandman talking about sponsors.....Not really sure why you resent so strongly us seeking more Charter Members but it is obvious you do.....

SWR said:
Also...please note, I do not just talk about TreasureNet folding. I am responding to those who claim regular members need to purchase Charter Memberships OR the site will fold/disappear.

We have NEVER said regular members need to purchase Charter Memberships or the site will fold, those are your words, not ours… We are asking regular members to step forward and become Charter members to support TreasureNet, to help Marc with TreasureNet with what ever he needs to improve it, maintain it, if he does not sale, and if he does sell then any new owners are more likely to listen to the suggestions of a thousand paying charter members... That is revenue coming in, cold hard cash any new owner can see......Charter Membership is a sign of support for TreasureNet... With out Charter Members there will be no voice, with any new owners.

Charter Members not only show finds, they share knowledge, their stories, sell equipment, help other members, and they also donate financially to TreasureNet to help support TreasureNet which is the best treasure website on the net.....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
The only thing lacking here is saying neener neener. ::)

If you think a new "owner" will listen to the voice of a few members you are sadly mistaken. IF someone does buy this domain, they will already have a forward-looking plan. That's just crazy talk. Without Charter Members there will be no voice. HA!

Since 500-1000 Charter Members only brings in $10,000-$20,000 a year Vs the $0 dollars regular members bring in will not matter to a new owner, after all why would someone who buys a website want to make money with it anyway :dontknow: ....It shouldn't really matter to you since there is no money out of your pocket.....

It would not take much for Marc to double the Charter Membership here, just move a few current features available to Charter Members only.......

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:
The only thing lacking here is saying neener neener. ::)

If you think a new "owner" will listen to the voice of a few members you are sadly mistaken. IF someone does buy this domain, they will already have a forward-looking plan. That's just crazy talk. Without Charter Members there will be no voice. HA!

Since 500-1000 Charter Members only brings in $10,000-$20,000 a year Vs the $0 dollars regular members bring in will not matter to a new owner, after all why would someone who buys a website want to make money with it anyway :dontknow: ....It shouldn't really matter to you since there is no money out of your pocket.....

It would not take much for Marc to double the Charter Membership here, just move a few current features available to Charter Members only.......

You probably did not conciser that the 30,000 regular non-paying members that click the advertising links also help. You also might not have thought about the 30,000 regular non-paying members racking up hits on every page or post.

Yes...the 30,000 regular non-paying members do a hell of a lot more than you try to give them credit for. Their voices will be heard equally...if not louder

1. You have no idea how many current regular members there are.
2. You have no idea how many regular or Charter members click the advertising links ....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
1. There are 37,937 members. 30,000 regular non-paying members is a fair estimate
2. There are 30,000 regular non-paying members. Logically, the 30,000 can and will click more advertising links than the minority

Anything else that I can assist you with?

No you were not able to assist, that is 37,937 total members that have signed up at one point or another since stats started recording......Current members are no where even close to that…..

My statement was "You have no idea how many current regular members there are."

19,676 alone are classified as Newbies by the number of posts, now go down through those and see how many page, upon page, upon page, of them have not logged on in years. Now do that for the other classes of posters and see how many haven't logged on in years.....

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read this entire post from top to bottom i to do not want to lose TN but iam confused :dontknow: if iam already a charter member payed ! is it that they are asking for a additional 20.00 a year to help keep treasure net afloat or is it your asking those who are not members yet to join ? maybe i didnt understand what was asked .Jim

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim we are asking regular members to step forward and become Charter Members......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread